the fear is setting in

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
All these fears have started to set in. My main one is if I accidentally dislocate Aimee's shoulder or hip when putting clothes on her. Everyone has told me that babies are much tougher than they look but I can't help but fear it.

I've also been having a lot of dreams recently that revolve around me not feeding Aimee. Like forgetting or saying 'i'll do it later!'. Same with changing her nappy. I had a lovely one last night that I gave birth to her and when the midwife tried to hand her to me I replied 'don't even think about giving her to me until she has been scrubbed clean, fed and changed into something cute and pink!'. Mother of the year award would soooo go to me in my dreams!! :lol:

I know these are common fears but I can't help being bugged by them.

Aw babe the amount of people iv seen on here say i was never the maternal type, never held a child and now i couldnt be more of a natural mum, its something im pretty much counting on being true hopefully !!

Im sure youll be an amazing mum !!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

It's a major event in your life, you're bound to have anxieties, it's perfectly normal. After my son was born, I kept having dreams that I'd left him somewhere or forgotten to pick him up, even though he was with me 24 hours a day! All part of being a mum! I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job, just try to relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :hug: :hug: :hug:

i know what you mean hun :hug:

i guess it's just because we're not used to babies, but i'm sure it will all become second nature to us..

i've got this thing about falling/tripping over when holding babies :( it's a really big fear i have, any time i'm out with my friends with babies, i make sure i'm wearing shoes that won't slide etc :? i suppose the only way to overcome this is to face it :hug:

yep my fear is i'll drop baby! .. or fall down stairs of hospital when taking him home, think we're all scared :hug: :hug: xx

:hug: Do't worry girls. I am the most clums person EVER but when you have a baby in your arms you are extra careful without even thinking about it!

Jo- getting a newborn dressed can be quite fiddly but they are tougher than people think. :hug: It all comes naturally so don't fret about it :lol:

:hug:

I once had a nightmare that she bit my nipple off while breastfeeding :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back