irrational people dropping baby fear :-(

Kayelle

Reaction score
I can believe/imagine that many women like myself are nervous about people holding my precious one when he is here in fear that he will be dropped, but .......
I have a sil as some of you know I have had problems with. As much as she is jealous , doesn't like me or whatever when I think sensibly I know she would never do it, but I keep having images of her dropping him on purpose or throwing him :-( I know irrational but I get so upset from these visions :-(:-(:-(
Anyone else been like this? Can't shake it

I haven't been having these so I won't be much use.

If you feel that is something she could do if she loses the plot I would say keep babe away, if you know for a fact that she wouldn;t then I would maybe let her hold but be very close just in case..

xxxx

It's just cos your hormones are making you see her as more of a threat hun. The one thing I will insist on, same as we do with all babies in our family is make sure anyone you don't think can handle a squirmy baby ie older people or kids, is to only let them hold baby when they are sitting down.

Unfortunately I've grown up with the consequences of a dropped baby, my great aunt dropped my uncle when he was under a year. He was paralysed at age 8 from an epileptic fit but there was no evidence it was the fall that caused it. My great aunt though never forgave herself. He passed away last year in his eighties and worked every day so he had a full and enjoyable life bless him, he was always swanning off somewhere on holiday lol.

At the end of the day it's your baby and you decide who holds them and who doesn't. If you can't shift the thoughts then don't let her hold him xxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for the replies, I want to keep him away, cos as people say, happy mammy happy baby right? Problem is she doesn't understand, don't think people would understand unless they have been pregnant before. Maybe I will be ok after a while, but I'm glad you guys don't think I'm being selfish or stupid!

Hell no not at all :)

I will be doing like BB said I will be making anyone who I think can't handle a wriggler to sit down first before I give Riven to them :)

My family are all quite open to holding babies i.e they just wander in and pick it up if it's awake, and to be fair they have enough experiance what with 7 neices and nephews but it isn't stopping me getting nervous about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back