The end of breastfeeding?

Urchin

Reaction score
Hiya
Well after a few nights of Brody feeding for 20-30 minutes every 2 hours I decided to give him formula in the night for the first time last night.
I haven't felt like my boobs fill up for ages, and I think in the night he's feeding so much cos the milk just isn't there like it used to be.
He went down after a bottle at about 9pm, woke at 3.45am and drained a 6 oz bottle in one go! Then he slept until 7, when he had boob.

So.... I think this is it...tonight I think I'll have to take an 8oz bottle up to bed with me.

I'm kinda sad, I will miss it when I do eventually drop it totally...but at the same time I know he'll get more sleep if he has the milk in him, he's getting more flustered in the night when he stuggles to feed and I don't think it's fair.
I did want to carry BF on in the night for convenience until he slept through, but I don't think he'll do it on boob alone.

:?

oooo exciting you might have a baby that sleeps right through soon!!! hehe

Well done for breast feeding for so long.

xxxxx

:( but also :cheer: . Nearly nine months is a fantastic achievement. Seren has started dropping her feeds during the day which makes me sad but she still has a feed at night for the time being. It is sad but also think of it as a new stage too, hopefully one where Brody will sleep a bit longer. :D

I think you've breastfed for a really good amount of time and that you shouldn't feel bad for giving it up. You've gone through so many sleepless nights and if you've found something that works for you then that's great :cheer:

Ella takes maybe 4 feeds a day now, not much at all. Although this morning she fed for nearly an hour in bed (she fell back asleep on the boob, but I didn't mind as it gave me an extra bit of time in!).

Urchin you've done so well breastfeeding for this long, especially bearing in mind how Brody is so distracted when he is feeding it can be so draining trying to get them to feed because you're concerned how much milk he is (isn't) getting.

Will you carry on with an early morning BF or do you think you'll stop altogether?

Well done :hug:

Lucy

I will try and keep the early morning feed for a bit longer, but I have a feeling my milk will dry up really soon.

You definitely shouldnt feel bad for stopping, youve done really well! well done! :cheer:

Hi

hun dont feel bad :hug: youve done great and if it helps him sleep then thats excellent!!
Hope the day time feeds work for you if not you did great ending or not :clap:
Katrina

i think you have done brilliantly doing it for this long! how long did you feel mason for? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back