The Constant feel of stretching

catherine23

Reaction score
For about a week now (19weeks) I have felt like my tummy wants to explode! Its already quite big and im very slim but now it seems there is no more room for the baby and my skin is stretching! I guess the stretch marks will come soon.

Anyone else finding this uncomfortable or is not bother to you? Im also feeling a little tired again which I thought I left behind in the first Trimester.

I also struggle to stand. I can no longer use my tummy muscles I have to use my hands. I though this would happen when I was huge but it really aches to use my tummy to get up, sit up etc. :?

I'm 18 weeks and am feeling exactly the same as you. My belly is tighter in the evenings but I am uncomfortable most of the time. I guess now is about the time we start being aware of our bumps and start to feel restricted. I hurt my belly the other day just stretching to open the living room window and it made me realise I have to start being carefull.

The weird thing with my belly is that my mum measures it once a week and round my belly button is the same and I am only getting bigger underneath, above my knicker line. Not sure if you have noticed this or if I am just carrying my baby low? They always scan me quite low.

Anyway I wouldn't worry, I'm sure its all normal but it does feel strange doesn't it!?! :) I'm also feeling tired again so sure thats normal too.

Lou

yeah its strange I never realized the bump would grow so low. Litrally about 2/3cm below my hair line. I read in my pregnancy notes that when they measure you later on it is from right down there that it starts.
It shocking how many people said they didnt show for ages yet. When I went for my 1st scan I asked the lady would I show at 20 weeks as im worried my dress wont fit and she said she doubts it as im slim and wont show much! How wrong was she! We took my dress out yesterday fits so much better now.

Hows your weight gain? I Originally weighed 9 1/2 stone but then lost a few pounds in the 1st trimester now I weigh just under 10 stone. So Ive gained something like 6-9 lbs.

I wish I kept notes of my belly size, I have everything else but that so going to do itnow....Its 36 1/2 inches and was about 28 inches before

catherine x

Hi,

well I'm not what you would call slim but I can totally sympathise! I got my first new stretch mark this week and I can't help walking around feeling the weight at the bottom of my tum and putting my hand under it. (Not worried about the stretch mark as I know there's nothing I can do about them as I've had them since I was a teen on my boobs and hips and I know they fade) My waist has almost totally disappeared too as the bit between my boobs and tummy button are starting to move outwards! I just got back from a weekend taking 15 10-12 year old girls away (voluntary youth group work) and I spent such a lot of time on my feet cooking, sweeping up, chasing them around etc that I really noticed it! I started to feel heavy and achey when I'd had enough and just needed to sit down.

Guess this is only the beginning ladies!

Have to say though that this has been the best fortnight so far- not too many symptoms and side affects and starting to actually look pregnant too :). I find the ways that my body is changing shape so exciting and incredible right now- I know that in about a weeks time I'll probably be moaning about it but right now it's fun!

+++

Hi Catherine, Hi Rosebay,

I only realised when I read your post's that I haven't actually weighed myself since I got pregnant! I was around 8 1/2 stones before so I'll have to weigh myself soon. When I went for my first antenatal I remember feeling a bit put out because the midwife just asked my height and weight instead of actually taking it and I was disappointed because I was looking forward to finding out for certain and being fussed over lol

As for my bump its 33 inches round my belly button and 34 inches below my belly button. Not sure what it was before as I had gone up from a size 6-8 to a size 10-12 in the year that I was trying to concieve. I had battled with my weight for years (being underweight not overweight) and the doctor had told me that I was more likely to concieve if I put on weight.

Also, touch wood, I have no stretch marks yet, just a big green vein on one side of my stomach which is quite unsightly lol I have been using Palmers coco butter stretch mark cream everyday after I shower so I'm doing all I can really to prevent them so I'll just have to wait and see what happens as I get bigger :)

Hope to speak to you soon. oh and Catherine I clicked on your link and your letters to baby made me cry. That is such a wonderfull thing to do!

Take care x

i am 28 weeks preg and just blown up like a balloon in the last 4-5 weeks and i am constantly getting stretching over my tummy but luckily no stretch marks yet

omg had a bad day today belly wise. I went shopping and had to hold my belly up while I walked because of the tight feeling and pressure of the baby on my bladder. Everyone keeps saying how low my bump is and i'm starting to get paraniod about it now. I'm sure its normal at 18 weeks to be low because the baby needs to move up right? Its just one thing after the other being pregnant isn't it!?!

Hope you are all good

:)

God I'm going to be fat, once I've had this baby already put on 6lbs only 13 weeks ahhhhhhhhhhh all on my belly so not too worry, as anyone tried any strechmark creams? Got one and have been using it for awhile so I will see if it works!

I am using Bio-Oil. (Not cheap) Apparently it is the most advanced stuff you can get for stretch marks and if that doesn't work than nothing will. Its making my tummy a bit spotty putting it on but I have decided that it is worth it if it does reduce the stretching later on. However I did get stretch marks at puberty so I am not holding out much hope, but I am quite enjoying my evening Bio-Oil session, as I feel like it is my daily bonding session with junior. (Silly I Know) :D

Also the people that have mentioned the weight of the belly, have you tried/heard of support belts? You can get belts that sit under the bump to support the weight and you can also get full body bras that fit over the whole torso, offering full support for everything.

Various web sites sell them and I would love to know if anyone has had any success with these as I am expecting to start blooming out quite soon! I did read a thread on the third trimesters about a support belt and it sounds good.

Hope this helps

oooo I need one of them support belt thingys. I'm going into town tomorrow so I'll have a look around for one, or one of the body bra vest things. Thanks for that Sarah :)

As for stretch mark cream i'm using palmers coco butter. I saw the bio-oil but like you say its expensive.

I'll let you know how I get on shopping tomorrow.

:) Lou

The support belt should cost you about £10 and you might find it easier to get on the internet, though mothercare may do it as well and blooming marvellous.

A good web site for buying stuff (not sure if I am allowed to say it) but go to motherbliss. I got my pregnancy lolly pops from there and they do a good range of support stuff ranging from £10 to £30.

Let me know when you get one and how you got on,

:D :D :D

Got any tummy pics to post beanie? I have finally sorted my photo bucket so have posted a few pics today :D

If you get a chance to look at my tummy pics you will see why I want a support belt already....I feel fit to burst :lol:

This thread has got me thinking.

I was talking last night about how I am going to get my xmas shopping done in september.

I know (bit too organised), but I can't bare the thought of dragging a huge mountain round the shops in december.

I would rather be at home at that point gazing at the Xmas tree and stroking my bump whilst enjoying a mug of horlicks :D :D :D :D

I beat you, ive already started xmas shopping!!!! It was my bf's idea but i have to say a bloody good one!! It means the cost can be spread out and when the baby is born in late nov i dont have to worry!!!

Natalie x :D

People are always telling me that I am a bit too organised, but I think with this one, you and I have got it cracked!!!!

There are quite a few sales on at the moment, so it might be worth my while to start now! :D :D :D

Now just need to get into the right mood.

Sing after me "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells................" :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back