The Big Birthday Ideas and Inspiration thread

Froslass

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we could share our ideas for our LOs birthdays.

Whether you're having a party at home, or somewhere else, or just a quiet family get together :)

I'll start:

H is turning one in three months, and She had loads of cousins, and aunties and uncles etc.

Not sure what exact kind of thing to have at a party, although I know it can't be in my house! Was thinking of community hall, snacks, balloons and a bouncy castle?

Any help for fun/unique ideas much appreciated.

(really its not for H, she won't remember lol but all her cousins who would)

I'm thinking of having a tea party for Grace, we're not a large family (less than 20 combined sides) going to make sandwiches etc and order her a nice cake, oh wanted to go for a meal but I said that's not really for her then is it lol

Thinking of buying her a wooden dolls house to add to over the years and I've picked out a piece of jewellery that I'm buying her for her 1st birthday to give to her on her 18th with her memory box

Hi guys,

I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we could share our ideas for our LOs birthdays.

Whether you're having a party at home, or somewhere else, or just a quiet family get together :)

I'll start:

H is turning one in three months, and She had loads of cousins, and aunties and uncles etc.

Not sure what exact kind of thing to have at a party, although I know it can't be in my house! Was thinking of community hall, snacks, balloons and a bouncy castle?

Any help for fun/unique ideas much appreciated.

(really its not for H, she won't remember lol but all her cousins who would)

I suppose it spends how old her cousins are, you could theme a party around them. Something fancy dress or like a teddy bears picnic

Thanks tink! Was thinking about teddy bears picnic theme, cause h loves her teddy :) xx

Sore spot. Were not allowed a party because according to OH it's 'a waste of money'

Thanks tink! Was thinking about teddy bears picnic theme, cause h loves her teddy :) xx

I'd love to do a teddy bears picnic but she's the only child so abit pointless lol

I had two parties one for my friends kiddies and one for close family and we just had loads of balloons, bubble machine, my lo's toys and the kids loved it (had garden games but weather was crap).

Great thread! Haven't a clue what to do as all our families live the other end of UK! I think our lo share a birthday don't they? 1st October?
I def want to do something, he will see photos when he's older, my dd likes to look at her photos from her party. My friends baby is a day older so we need to agree to not clash on date so we can go to each others!

I was thinking ahead for Angel and I wanted to have a party at home with mainly family and another for my mummy friends so their LOs can come too I wanted to go to a soft play centre or something like that lol only cuz I wanna go :p xx

Yeah Sarah, Hollie was October 1st :) xx

I'd love if we could go to a soft play, means I wouldn't have to do anything lol x

Sore spot. Were not allowed a party because according to OH it's 'a waste of money'

Whaaaaaat?!

Is he just plain refusing? Are you ok? X

Yup. He says it's stupid I've told him in having one anyway and I think by the time he hits 1 he'll change his mind.

He said he didn't want another baby after Tyler was born but last night he told me he's changed his mind.

Least you got 6 months to work on him! You don't have to spend a lot to have a nice time either.
That's good he's come round to another baby too :)

Great thread! I wonder about Will's birthday as it's 12th December, people will be so busy :(

X

Pinky just play the "when we're old an grey we will want to look at the pictures" card. That should work!

Aw pos! People will still come! My uncles birthday is the 21st of December, we usually have a get together for him x

My LO turns 1 next month! Eek!

I'm having an Enchanted Fairy Party!!!!

I got custom made fairy invites sent out with a special fairy poem on it, a beautiful custom made woodland fairy dress complete with mini pink wings and a rose wand, have ordered a giant cupcake made into a toadstool with a fairy on top wearing a replica of her custom made dress, a fairy fimo character guestbook with the fairy made to look as close to LO as possible wearing her custom made dress, ordered her very own fairy Potling as a keepsake (these are just the cutest little things) have ordered a fairy party in a box which will have the full dressing to create the fairy party table etc, then I've just got to worry about food for 30 people!!

Got a cute flower cookie cutter which I'm going to use to cut bread and make flower sandwiches. Also got two butterfly serving dishes IN POUNDLAND! Oh and have ordered fairy kisses of the lady who designed her dress which are basically hanging decorations.

Oh flip and a big fairy door for LO and minis for the children guests! And find the trolls which means I bought miniature trolls and pots. I'll hide the trolls and the children have to capture them and put them in their pot!

Omg! Until I've written this down just now I hadn't realised how far I'd actually gone with the party! And I've still to order backdrops and piñata!

Oh holy good flippers!!

Well...she'll only be 1 once!?!

My OH is gona freak!!

And crayons for printed out colouring pages and party bags! Shit I should've done a list!! I'm too scared to count the cost!!!

And I've still to get her a pressie which I've no idea about!!

Last edited:
I went to wilkinsons yesterday and they had loads of pirate themed things. So got loads of that. Some birthday banners and balloons and just having cake and nibbles x

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

Pinky just play the "when we're old an grey we will want to look at the pictures" card. That should work!

Ha! Well currently have no one to invite to one as haven't made and baby friends at baby group yet so might just be me and him lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back