That subject again..........

Amanda

Reaction score
Yep, I'm taking about SEX again!!!!! :roll:

I just have a question that DH asked me last night, and it's been bugging me all day. We all know that sex is one of the best ways to induce labour naturally, well, our sex life hasn't changed much since being pg (apart from the 1st tri when I was too sick to do much!).

For the past few weeks, after I have 'the moment', my tummy goes all hard and I get what can only be described as a mini-contraction. It can sometimes be quite painful. Well, yesterday I experienced my very first Braxton Hicks - I never had them at all with my daughter. I had them about 6-7 times yesterday, and told DH when he got home. We went to bed after the footie, and had 'cuddles', but the after effects for me were agony!!!!! It hurt more than it has so far, and I was literally doubled-up with pain. After it had calmed, DH asked if we had to stop having sex soon, as he didn't want to put me in early labour. :? Today I have had loads of BH, and they are really uncomfortable.

So, do we have to stop??? How does the body know whether we are just having sex for pleasure, or trying to induce labour??!!! Daft question I know but I just wanted to know your thoughts.

A midwife told me that its the hormone in sperm that can help soften the cervix, hence they suggest sex to induce labour, but stated that you'll only go into labour when you & the baby is ready & not before? (same goes for all the other DIY methods of inducing labour)
If you're worried about bringing on labour use a condom, its the sperm that may help things along not actually having sex. So I say don't stop making love, just enjoy :D

Tankett,

I've been exactly the same, its a nightmare but I find it doesn't seem to go as tight or contract as much if we "cuddle" when the baby is lying lower. This last tri I've been horrendous! My OH is very happy at the moment, lots of "cuddles" and football, he's enjoying his summer!!!

Kat x

Thanks girls, I'm glad it's not just me Kat!

Nicki -that actually makes complete sense, my brain just isn't working at the minute!!!!

you girls are lucky..i cant have "cuddles" as every time i do i get bleeding, i had to spend 4 days in hospital at 20 weeks because they thought LO was threatening to miscarry..i was so scared i've only done it once since then and it happened again so now we literally do just cuddle....lol!
i also get a lot of braxton hicks and movement from LO if i do have any fun, it worries me too much so i cant enjoy myself. (maybe TMI SORRY..but sod it, we all do it or we wouldnt be on this forum!)

i know its the big 'o' that makes the tummy go all hard and I dont know what to suggest to make it less sore. What about having a bath before hand. Or tell him not to be so damn good!

Sorry hun,

i cant even remember the last time i even had sex :roll: i cant open my legs far enought o do anything coz it hurts so damn much :(

i was banned from sex by my dr as i had an incompetent cervix, she told me that it's the sperm and the prodding of the cervix that causes problems also if you have more than 4 braxton hicks in an hour you should go and get checked out as it could be prem labour x

SEX???? YUK! haha

Hoping that sex drive will be back after baby! :? xxx

Hmmm I agree Keely, not in the slightest bit bothered by sex at the mo. Its just bloody uncomfortable no matter what position we try (and believe me, I could re-write to sodding Kama Sutra with the positions we've tried!)

DH said today that his balls are fit to burst (sorry if TMI :oops: !) so I told him he could sort himself out as i'll only be moaning about arm ache afterwards! (he tried hinting at another way of 'relief' but i've told him I think its wrong cause the baby will also be eating what I put in my mouth!!!!!!)

Think i'd better go now as i've said far too much!!! SORRY!!

Tan x

hehe tan..i've just nearly wet myself because that is so familiar! its about the same conversation i had with my OH last night. lol!

lol Tan my oH said his nuts were like tins of condensed milk he even told my mum :oops:

Tan - I've just PMSL!!!!! :lol:
laughing-smiley-014.gif

I can remember those conversation from the first 14 or so weeks!!!

DH's cousin asked him last night if we were having more children after this one. DH immediately replied 'Oh yes. As soon as this one pops out, we're going to be straight back in that bedroom trying for the next'!! His cousin (a father of 2 LO's) said, 'oh yes, after the first couple of months'. DH looked like he had been smacked in the face!! :shock: So we then had to explain to him that I could tear, have a C-section, or any number of other complications that may stop sex for a while. He told me I'd better start weight lifting to get my wrist strength ready to help him out!! I think I'd better start him reading up on this pregnancy lark so he doesn't have any more shocks!!! :lol:

they are little gits aint they men!! If your balls are aching soooo much, do it yourself!! its not like they NEED us to do it! and also it is not like poision you dont HAVE to get it out!! haha I am sure they will not explode

my OH reckons we have not had sex for 6 months but I told him I am only 8 months pregnant and we have had it twice in the last 8 months!!! haha .... poor him!!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back