Thank you... and 'period pain' style cramps are really bad!

Mitch

Reaction score
I've found cruising these forums really reassuring since my BFP so thank you to everyone! How did people cope being pregnant before the internet!!?

Off to the docs tonight to 'let them know' (I calculate I'm coming up to my sixth week in the next few days) - guess it's just a formality really. Don't expect much will happen!

Anyway, I've felt pretty lousy all weekend and had 'period painy' cramps most of the weekend. Actually took some paracetemol on Sat as it was quite uncomfortable. Also, had to sleep loads! I keep reading that the 'period pains' are pretty normal unless you're doubled over and have any bleeding so trying not to worry.Will ask the doc tonight... I had bad period pains before I was pregnant so wonder if it is linked. Beginning to feel nauseous too.

How's everyone else doing? It can be a bit grim this pregnancy lark can't it!?

Hi Mitch,
I've had 'period-like' pains pretty much continuously, so much like a period/pmt that it took me a few days to realise I was pregnant and not waiting for my period! Its started to calm down a bit now, but was really bad at the 5-6 week point, now its just worse on a some days for short while. Oh and nothing happens at docs apart from giving you a pack with a lot of stuff in you already know, and a few useful bits! Hope it carries on OK for you and the nausea doesn't develop into much! Mine hasn't yet, touch wood! xxx

I had really bad period pain until 8 weeks so it didn't even occur to me that I was pregnant.

I've had almost constant cramps of some kind or another since i found out. A couple of times I've been convinced I was going to start a period as it was that same dragging feeling. Like you, I suffered from bad cramping/heavy periods before...so could be connected....who knows.

Def a common complaint though and usually nothing to worry bout :)

Just been to docs and, as suspected, she confirmed it was completely normal. Only to worry if I get any bleeding too or the cramping gets progressively worse. thankfully, it's disappeared again for the day...

Hey hun, it'll just be your LO getting all snuggled in tight! Xx

Thanks, guys. Yes, the pains seem to have subsided quite a bit now. Hope it was just getting a good grip in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back