Cramps and period symptoms

yummy-mummy

Reaction score
My husband and I found out this week that I'm preggers. By my calculations I'm 5 weeks today and due my first doc appointment on Tuesday. As my husband and I work together and were married earlier this year, it's not easy getting time off that isn't noticable but I guess Xmas will be our excuse for the next month.

Anyway, I've had what can only be described as period pains for most of this week including tender boobs, feeling cold, not eating much (that normally only lasts a day but it's been 5 now) and worst of all cramps. I was on the pill for a couple of years so I'd forgotten how bad the pains could be but I'm shocked that I'm cramping like mad. It's not enough to stop me moving about but my belly is sore all around the bottom and mainly in the middle. I asked my mums neighbour who is a GP and he couldn't be sure without being able to scan so he suggested the hospital. So Thursday night turned from girly night with mum complete with a trip to the hairdressers to a couple of hours in the hospital and hair like a rats nest!

The hospital were great and took the usual pulse, temperature, BP and wee test. It wasn't long before they turned up with a wheelchair to take me up to the Gyn department. They were uncertain about doing a scan as I'm not long on but they did see a sack. The nurse said it could be a phantom sack but when the doctor arrived he seemed to think everything was ok. The sack is 3.7mm (how on earth can medicine be so advanced!) but nothing to tell apart from that. I'm at my GP on Tuesday for 1st appointment but the hospital (Early Pregnancy Problems) want me back on Dec 1st for a follow up scan.

Should I be worrying about the cramps or are they really normal as no-one I've asked says they had them?

P.S. no other symptoms like morning sickness so hopefully I'm taking after my mum.

the first time i was pregnant i had horrible cramps worse than period cramps and carried a full term healthy baby. the second time i had no cramps at all and i'v just miscarried! so going off me they're a good sign. good luck hope all is well :hug:

Hiya, your symptoms sound exactly like mine, the first 7-10 days after i found out i was pregnant i kept expecting to see AF turn up as it really felt like period pain with the cramps etc but i'm nearly 8 weeks now and the cramps have pretty much stopped and i still haven't been sick, this is my first pregnancy so i'm far from being an expert on this but what i have realised from coming on here is that everyone feels different and gets different symptoms so try not to worry about it x

Hello,

I have exactly the same thing, this is my 2nd pregnancy so Ive had it all before, but yes, my tummy is very sore all along the bottom and around the belly button/just under it. Im also having bad period type pains, ive always suffered with my period so its not un-usual for me but it just feels like my body wants to start bleeding. Im around 4 weeks pregnant and from my previous experience this is all normal. Also just to put your mind at ease, I bled from 7 weeks right through to 22 weeks with my first pregnancy, had loads of emergency scans e.t.c and my son turned out perfectly healthy, although he was 4 weeks early. Try not to worry to much hun, its sounds all good to me :)

PM me if I can help with anything else

T xx

Thanks girls - that's put my mind at ease at bit more. I'll be happier when I have my next scan though as you can imagine.

Don't suppose anyone had any strange lumps around the bottom of their belly? I can feel a lump around 1 to 2" long just above my bikini line which I've never noticed before.

hiya,
I had all the usual PMT symptoms and only did a test at one day late cos OH was making me paranoid talking about babies all the time! Still have the odd cramp but didn't get any MS till about 7/8 weeks. Have been told cramps are normal as muscles/ligaments are stretching to make way (I'm a first timer) for bump. Please don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine! :hug:

Hi hun,

Never had a lump there before, or I certainly havnt noticed it if I have. The best thing you can do is speak to your GP about this. Is it painful?

x

Last time I had really bad period cramps and this time I am having period cramps too but no where near as bad. I'm sure its all normal and nothing 2 worry about hun xxx :hug:

hi, this is my first pregnancy and ive been getting lots of cramps for the past three days but they are settling down now. I have been sooooo paranoid tho!!! Which i think is easily done, and like my DH says, i need to 'relax'!! But i'm too flippin excited :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I did some research and it says that if it is a bad sign, you usually bleed first which is then followed by cramps. I've also heard that cramping is quite normal as this is the zygote embedding itself deep inside the wall. hope that helps, :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back