thank god

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
i never went to birmngham yesturday id be feeling so guilty now if i had

got Bray up this morning and he has chickenpox and omg poor lil upper half is covered in them
im ment to be working today and tomoz so iv had to cancel that
B is ment to be in nursery so thats £80 down the drain and i now cant go out for my birthday
men hey
but awww i feel so sorry for him
any advice on chicken pox
will i get it or shingles coz dont u get that sometimes if u have had chicken pox?

get him some piriton medicine hun it will stop the itching and stops the spots coming out

Awww poor B! I remember when Josh had it, its horrible isn't it :hug:

camolie (sp) lotion is what we used to use on my younger bro and sis.

i had a quick look re shingles:

What is shingles?

Shingles is a painful rash caused by the Varicella zoster virus (Herpes varicellae), which is the virus that causes chickenpox . Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and is a reactivation of the dormant virus. Shingles often occurs many years after the initial chickenpox infection. Shingles is contagious and may itself cause chickenpox. However, contact with a person with shingles or chickenpox cannot cause shingles.
What causes shingles?

After the chickenpox virus has been contracted, it travels from the skin along the nerve paths to the roots of the nerves where it becomes inactive. The chickenpox virus then 'hibernates'. When the virus is reactivated, it travels via the nerve paths to the skin. It is not known what factors trigger a reactivation of the virus. Shingles generally affects the elderly, but occasionally occurs in children who have had chickenpox within the first year of their lives and in people with an immune deficiency.

does that make sense?

Quick Sarah come to mine and sit him next to lily.
I know it sounds horrid but I'd rather her get them now then when she's older (it's sooo much easier).

But poor B like the others have said Piritin is really good and will help ease the itching and calamine lotion will help with the external symptoms.

xSuzx

and gloves!! i can remember putting mittens on my sister and putting a hair band around them to try and stop her taking them off to itch :lol:

Sarah&Braydon said:
i never went to birmngham yesturday id be feeling so guilty now if i had

got Bray up this morning and he has chickenpox and omg poor lil upper half is covered in them
im ment to be working today and tomoz so iv had to cancel that
B is ment to be in nursery so thats £80 down the drain and i now cant go out for my birthday
men hey
but awww i feel so sorry for him
any advice on chicken pox
will i get it or shingles coz dont u get that sometimes if u have had chicken pox?

oh good golly!!! hope hes ok.

im glad i trusted my instinct and stayed away too with bethany having german measles imagine all the panic for the preggo girls there if i had gone :shock: doesn't bare thinking about does it :(

sent you a text hun, but sorry to hear he is not well, hope he starts to feel better soon hun.

big hugs for you all :hug: :hug:

my god my poor baby
they are all over the top of his back and front a lil on the lower bits, on his face, the top of his arms are filled with it
and he has em on his bits n bobs to my poor lil mite
all he is doing is crying iv put camamolie lotion on em tracey suggested the cream so my sis is gonna get some and im gonna get her to get some piriton to

i will try n get a pic but he isnt very co -operative today bless him

Sarah make sure she gets the correct piriton, it needs to be the one that can be taken several times a day as the once a day one is only for ages 6 and above.

hope he feels better soon.

xSuzx

she would have to ask them neway in our bots but ill let her know to make sure thanks hun
iv just give B a bath and there seems more appearing is that normal ?

i counted over 150 this mornin n there is more now my poor bubba

Is the bath warm Sarah?

If so then yes that might be why more have come up (I wouldn't worry too much about how many he has) this is because chicken pox cause histamine to be released in the body which is what causes the lumps and itching and heat can increase the amount of histamine to be released, hence more pox. :hug:

xSuzx

i made it as kool as possible and he is running around with no clothes/ nappie on (please dont wee on the carpet
:pray: )
to see if that helps at all
he has cheared up now tho and wants din dins

if he wants his dinner that must be a good sign!

Sarah&Braydon said:
he has cheared up now tho and wants din dins

He was properly just abit scared as he didn't know what all the lumps were and felt yous panic.

The Piriton will help sooth any itching he will have, Piriton is a god send I always have it in my house or when we go out as the boys have Urticaria and come up in lumps (hives) when the weather is warm, plus lily has had to have some cause she's got hayfever.

also a cool damp flannel will also help in between piriton and calamine applications.

xSuzx
P.S just gonna move this now to the health issues section :D

Aw poor Braydon, it's horrible when there's something wrong and you can't really do anything about it.

When Soph got them, i just calamine lotion on and kept her as cool as possible, i thought because she was so young she couldn't scratch them and be left with scars, but she's got quite a few.

Hope he gets better soon hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back