Terrified of having another miscarriage...

Caledonia1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post. I just wanted to post a thread because I'd like some advice/words of wisdom :)

I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in August, it was my first pregnancy and it was very painful and traumatising. I had been cramping and bleeding lightly for one week before I lost the baby and I was devastated. I just found out I'm pregnant again (5 weeks 2 days), and I feel completely different this time! I've had sickness, tender breasts etc which I guess is a good sign, but I'm still so terrified of miscarrying again.

I am having lower tummy cramps every day, they aren't severe and don't last long, but I'm scared I'm losing another baby. Every time I go to the bathroom I'm looking for blood, and I just can't seem to relax and enjoy being pregnant. And because my first ever pregnancy ended in miscarriage it's making me more nervous.

Is cramping normal in early pregnancy? Sometimes it is quite painful but nothing too severe. I'm thinking of asking my doctor for an early scan, do you think they would see anything this early on?

Any advice would be appreciated so much, I'm so nervous! xx

Hi

I'm in a similar situation to you, mmc in Aug, now preg again (nearly 10 weeks). It is a very stressful time especially when you've been through a mc before. Cramping in early pregnancy is completely normal, so don't worry too much about that so long as there's no bleeding too.

My drs wouldn't refer me for an early scan as they said despite my previous mmc I wasn't seen as high risk. We thought long and hard and opted against a private early scan due to the fact that just because things may have been ok when scan was done doesn't mean risk of mc would disappear!

A scan at 5 weeks would show very little, they usually recommend waiting till at least 7 weeks if you decide to go private.

Be prepared for the next few weeks to drag... But try and relax :)

xxx

Fx this is a sticky one for you. They will probably give you an early scan as you have had a miscarriage before, you can sometimes see a heartbeat from 6 weeks. Good luck Hun and try to relax and enjoy xxx

Hey, I know how u feel, i have been there myself, I lost my first 3, had a mmc, ectopic and a mc before I had my rainbow baby Jacob (now 15 1/2 weeks) I spent the first 12-16 weeks scared I would lose Jacob, after a mc it is always front of your mind no matter what you do.
I had an early scan and would have been approx 5 1/2 weeks and didn't see a thing had a repeat at 7 1/2 and we saw Jacob there.
Fx this is a sticky x x

I think your more enhanced symptoms are a better sign - with my first 2 pregnancies I had really bad fatigue and nausea and 24/7 extreme nausea and morning sickness with my daughter - the pregnancy I just lost at 7 weeks I had no nausea and my energy levels were normal - so was thinking it was too good to be true!

You will worry more this time around and I know that when I become pregnant again I too will be looking for blood each time I visit the bathroom. 1st tri will be the hardest, but when you can feel the baby kicking you will have that little bit of reassurance daily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back