• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tens

katiee24

Reaction score
can you use normal tens machine in labour? i looked on google & it said the only difference is labour tens have the boost button which makes it better.. but just wanna make sure the other tens is safe before i use it!

xx

Oh don't know about that. I have a normal tens machine but my sister is giving me her labour one....she said it's more powerful but I don't know as haven't checked the spec. Sorry I couldn't help

The normal tens is fine but the maternity ones are more effective for labor cos of the boost button. I asked my physio

thanks ladies! ive left it to late to get a labour one now, dont get paid til tuesday so ill use the normal one :)

I am a physio and just assumed I'd use a normal one (I can borrow from work) then the obs and gynae physio mentioned the ones with a boost button but they're all out on loan at the moment. We decided between us I'd be fine with a normal one but I'd just up the intensity when I have a contraction. Think you'll be fine without a boost one. x

just need a boost button and u need 4 pads cos some tens machines only have 2 or 3 :)

yeah i'll just up the intensity :) the one i have is quite strong & has 4 pads so should be okay :)

I took my normal one along to my ante natal class last weekend to check if it was okay and the midwives said it was fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back