• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TENS machine during labour?

Em91

Reaction score
Hello all quick question, has anybody used a tens during labour, do they work? is it worth getting one and if it is any particular brand you can recommend?

Thankyou :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

With my first all i used was a TENS machine but she was back to back to it worked a treat, with my second i used a TENS machine to get to 5cm then got in a birthing pool so had to stop.
I would recommend using one as it does really help with the back ache either way.

I rented mine online, 2 different stores so cant really advise as i found both of mine to work the same.
I know a lot of people go to boots for theirs so maybe there is good, i was just too lazy to check :)

Thanks, :). Ive ordered a femme tens from ebay lets hope it helps in labour! x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

i also had back to back and midwife gave me a TENS machine i dunno what brand it was but i do know the batteries went quickly so make sure to have spares :) i did find it really helped alot :) xx

Best.thing.EVER!! Lol! Check with the hospital as they may let you hire them? I got to 8cm on mines! Amazing! Lol x

Never even thought of using one (I don't really know why??) but after reading your reviews I'm definitely going to give it a go, thanks ladies :)

Boots hire them out... I am def going to get one and give it a go when the time comes!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I must have been doing it wrong, I thought it was rubbish and got nothing from it :(
I might try again as you all though it was good x

Ive now bought a new one off ebay for £35 just got to figure out how it works! x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

id advise to get use to where the contractions are. with mine two of the sticky pads were stuck too high so it didnt work on the contractions as well, and is was some hassle trying to change em :) x

I'm deffo going to try this again. Did you press the button at the peak of pain or as it was starting? x

I was thinking of hiring one this time, sounds great, am definitely going to after what everyone has said :) x x

I found it a good distraction (rather than relief) in the early stages but after about an hr and a half I got irritated by it!

I just ordered one, they're not widely used in US so I'll probably get some funny looks off the other patients! Hope it arrives in time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back