Temperature Charting

skeando

Reaction score
Have been trying to conceive for a while, but this month have decided to go a bit nuts and do EVERYTHING all at once since we are now approaching the 2 year mark.

Am taking agnus castus, folic acid and evening primrose oil ( I k now rattle, and how I ever manage to remember to take the Pill every day I just don't know). Am watching out for EWCM, now have failry regular cycle and am doing OPK's.

Was in Boots the other day and they had a fertility thermometer and charting book reduced to £2.50 so thought what harm can it do and bought it. Never charted before and not really sure what to do. I know you are supposed to satrt at beginning of cycle and I'm a week in, but figured it couldn't hurt to get used to doing it and just start now. I work shifts (sometimes I start at 6am, sometimes 2pm) so the time I get up at in the morning is different all the time, will this affect it?

Any help would be great :eek:)

yes, different times and different amounts of sleep will affect your temping, but I don't think it's too bad.

one rule for temperature charting, look at trends not at individual temperatures. It will fluctuate all over the place, but you should see two areas of your chart - the first part is at a lower temperature than the second part. You will be able to identify ovulation three days AFTER it has happened. (three days is a good time to see trends)

you are unlikely to truly get the hang of temping immediately - I've been doing it almost 3 years and it probably took me 3 or 4 months to understand what's going on. Despite this and despite the fact it doesnt' show ovulation until a few days after it has happened I find temping the most useful tool I have.

And you've got the kit so it's worth giving it a go.

Check out fertility friend for help making your charts with all the stuff you've got and sign up to their free membership for a really good course in doing it all

Hi,

I charted my temp but regardless of what shift I was on at work, I always set my alarm for 6:30am (bit of a bummer at weekends lol) but could always get back to sleep. I did conceive but unfortunately I suffered a missed miscarriage but will be trying again soon.

ScotchEgg is right, go onto Fertility Friend and chart your temps. You can even enter symptoms etc. I found it really useful.

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back