• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Temp of 38.4

FebMum2Be

Reaction score
Last night Odhrán woke up screaming soaking wet with sweat, his pillow was literally soaking, took his temp twice and it was normal, stripped him off and put a light blanket over him.. Earlier on he was sick, quite a lot but was laughing afterwards and was in good form, few hours later he was tired (wasn't up long for nap) and was lying quietly which isn't like him, put him to bed and again woke up screaming, like proper somethings wrong screaming, took him downstairs and has a temp of 38.4, checked online and it has different sites saying different temps are normal, he was crying and sobbing and wouldn't move, just lying there, gave him some juice and he has perked up a bit, hasn't ate well today either, when does a temp become "dangerous"

Paige had a temp of 39.5 and I took her to the out of hours doctors and they just shrugged it off but IMO if his temp reaches 39 then its a cause for concern and you should take him to see someone. If hes fine within himself then thats a good sign, but make sure he keeps his fluid intake up.

Poor thing :( Hope he starts to feel better soon. Did calpol or anything help with the temperature? :hug:

Bloody doctors eh :roll: Thanks, some sites said 38 was quite high so i was worrying x

He's just had the calpol at 10, going to check it soon to see if it has helped, he's not refusing juice which is a good sign, last time he wouldn't lip anything x

Hope he's ok. Keep giving him calpol, hopefully his temp will come down soon x x

My daughter had a really bad febrile convulsion when she was 1 after having a really high temp and was in hospital for 4 days following it. Not that I want to be scare mungering as these only affect 1 in 20 kids. The one thing that the hospital did say to me was if Calpol doesn't work (which it doesn't with her) use Ibuprofen and that should bring it down So if it doesn't go down I would give him that.

Thanks hun, he's just been put back to bed and his temp was down to 37.1 thank god, he's due medicine again at 2 so will take it up to bed with me incase he wakes again xx

When Tegan was Poorly a few weeks ago her temp was 38.8 and the docs were quiet concerned, i had to give her Calpol 4 times a day and nurofen 3 times a day they also advised me to keep her In just a Nappy.
hope odrhan is much better today xx

Hope odhran is feeling feeling a bit better today!
X

Last night around 4am he woke shivering from top to bottom, he was boiling, I took the blanket off him and his vest was stuck to him, stripped him off got more medicine and juice into him and took him in beside me, lay awake watching tv for an hour and a half and fell asleep, temp was 38.2, medicine brought it down again, slept to 11.30 this morning, woke up boiling again but in good form, temp was 37.8, gave him more medicine and he is happy running around and has ate some banana and toast.. Hoping it's starting to pass, last night scared the crap out of me because he was so so so hot and shivering really bad, thanks for asking girls xxx

They all tell u dif things hun. When I took myson to the walk in centre, we were sent straight to a and e as his temp was 39. (was only 3 mths tho. This was when he got treated for meningitis).
But when my daughter was 2, I rushed her up to the same hospital at 1 in the morning as calpol wasn't working and her temp was 41.5. And they weren't bothered, and she had had a fit. (she had a very bad urine infection). But was sent home.
My son has been like the anti Christ since sudsy, and feel terrible now because his temp is also up, 38.8 at the mo. Gone for a nap so hoping it will be down when he wakes!
Good luck hun, an just go with your instincts. If you think hes ok, chances are he is. If you think something is really wrong, then you are probably right. Unfortunately, doctors make mistakes xxx

Thanks for that information Leanne I'll save it to my favorites :hug:

You're right sometimes a mothers instinct beats a doctors opinion (not always but most definitely sometimes)

Your poor LO's having to go through that, so hard to see them unwell x

Turned out Odhrán has hand foot and mouth, it's viral so no antibiotics just has to work its way out by itself, I knew there was something wrong but just didn't know what, once the rash appeared I freaked out but done the glass test and it disappeared x

Lol I just realised it was u who posted both the threads. I'm so unobservant!
Hope it goes soon hun. I HATE the word viral. As soon as I hear it my mind Just thinks, great, which means nothing can be done! Lol x

Same here, I think they say it when they don't knoe what's wrong sometimes! I do the same chick I wouldn't worry lol I always read threads in the wrong order too :lol: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back