• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Telling people

Marmite

Reaction score
How have your OH's reacted to telling people abut the pregnancy?

My boyfriend has only told one of his mates, and his Mum, and im 17+2 weeks... is this normal, he says he doesnt know what to say, but it makes me just think he might be embarrased about the whole thing :think:

Anyway, I try not to pester him too much, but whenever I ask if he's going to tell people he just says nope, its getting really annoying because I know he wont want them finding out, so I have to still be careful who knows. And its starting to get obvious im either really fat or pregnant when people see me now anyway

I don't know, I can't help thinking he's just embarrased about it. But he tells me he's not.

Well it wasn't his first choice to have it, I guess I shouldn't be suprised.

But he seems happy about it when he's with me? Is he just lying :?

Maybe he's just the private type, some blokes are like that :hug: He'll probably want to show the whole world when baby is born

My boyfriend is exactly the same. He seems very pleased about it, but he is very afraid of being judged by others. So.

Oingo - I hope your boyfriend comes round in time, I told loads of people at 13 weeks, I didn't know mine would care what other people thought so much!

Babylicious - I hope so, at this rate he wont tell anyone there is a baby until its born :shock:

ooo i went through all this...but like babylicious said some men are just private...like my OH..it did get me down at first, i kept wondering why..

but it does get easier :hug: you will find that it just kinda works its self out..if you get me? :hug:

My oh was like that with our first baby, its not abnormal or that hes embarrased its just a lot to take in and telling others is a big step, its alright for us ladies we gab about it to anyone!

deffo not embaressed...alex is realy private.. hes only told one mate from work.. and didnt tell ne of his friends till after the 12 weeks scan and his gran after it but told his parents bro n sis coz i nagged him too straight away coz i wanted our parents to know around the same time.. other than that noone knows at work.. and probably wont know till xmas time..im not bothered really.. dont let it stress u out.. they will find out when they see your bump! lol :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back