Teething

Dustbunny

Reaction score
Well it looks like Chloe may be teething early. The last couple of days she's been really unsettled and chewing/gumming everything in sight, plus she's been off her food. Not to mention she usually sleeps through the night and woke up 3 times last night. So far tonight she's already woken up 4 times which is soo unusual for her. Bought some teething gel and popped it on her gums and within moments she was back asleep. Does this sound like the start of teething?

We bought dentinox gel which says suitable from birth, yet NHS's website says teething gel should be used from 4 months so should I not be using it? Also it says to reapply after 20 mins so I assume it can be used as and when necessary? One last question, how long from LO been in discomfort/pain to them cutting their first tooth? I realise it's probably as long as a piece of string, but is there a ball park like days months weeks?

Sorry for so many questions, I haven't really read up on teething as I didn't think I'd be having to worry about it so early :???:

Stanley cut his first two together at 16 weeks and had no fuss at all :) but he is doing all the Above now and no sign if any more so who knows lol xx

Pretty sure you can use dentinox from birth, cos we're sure G is teething - stupidly early, so I sent DH to asks pharmacy what we could use as calpol says 3months, and nhs site says 4for other stuff, but pharmacist gave him dentinox for her!!

I have two teething gels, bonjela and cagel one is 2+ months the other is 3+.

Also, one is use every 3 hours, the others can be applied after 20mins but maximum of so many times a day.

Check the label it may only be used so many times in a day no matter of frequency :) x

Pretty sure you can use dentinox from birth, cos we're sure G is teething - stupidly early, so I sent DH to asks pharmacy what we could use as calpol says 3months, and nhs site says 4for other stuff, but pharmacist gave him dentinox for her!!

That's good to know thanks hun.

I've checked every bit of writing and I can't see anything that says can only be used so many times in a day, I won't go OTT with it but should mean I'm not limited I guess.

That's good to know thanks hun.

I've checked every bit of writing and I can't see anything that says can only be used so many times in a day, I won't go OTT with it but should mean I'm not limited I guess.

I can't see a maximum on it either, we just try not to go crazy!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back