Bleeding gums!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by kellymummytobe, Dec 18, 2011.

1. kellymummytobe

kellymummytobe Well-Known Member

For the last few days when I brush my teeth and when I spit the tooth paste out its just full of blood I mean dark blood and they really hurt after is this normal in pregnancy or should I see my dentist i have very well looked after teeth xx

Sent from my AWSOME iPad 2 using Tapatalk

2. tillzy69

tillzy69 Well-Known Member

It is a normal symptom of pregnancy but you should still go see the dentist to make sure everything is ok! And you might as well as you get appointments for free now :)

3. Rachel1509

Rachel1509 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately comes hand in hand with pregnancy.
    I went to dentist other day and he asked if everything was ok, I said yes just bleeding gums which I guess is normal and he said it is and may get even worse the further the pregnancy gets :(

4. tillzy69

tillzy69 Well-Known Member

When I went dentist I was more concerned about any erosion in my teeth due to the sickness! I had some but nothing to worry about too much! Only had little bleeding in my gums but as Rachel1509 said I'm sure it will get worse!

5. kellymummytobe

kellymummytobe Well-Known Member

:eek: tillzy that makes me feel so much better hehe. it's really bad now i never had it before ;(

Sent from my AWSOME iPad 2 using Tapatalk