Technical question about maternity leave.

Jadejhw

Reaction score
Hello,

I work full-time (with contract for a permanent job) for a company and I was wondering, who pays the maternity leave?
The company or the government from the taxes the company payed during the years I worked with them?

I tried to find out on internet but I'm not sure of my findings, does anyone knows?

Have a wonderful day,
Jade.

Hello,

I work full-time (with contract for a permanent job) for a company and I was wondering, who pays the maternity leave?
The company or the government from the taxes the company payed during the years I worked with them?

I tried to find out on internet but I'm not sure of my findings, does anyone knows?

Have a wonderful day,
Jade.

What your contract say?

Full time i *think* its your employer.. under SMP..?
MA is paid government again i think..

Either way its all set as a rule by government

Every company is different so it will be written in your contract.
Does your company have an intranet page? all that kind of stuff is stored on mine.
If not just contact HR they will be able to send you the documents that explains it all.

I work for the nhs and in my case it works like this

For the first 3 months my employer pays a percentage of my salary and I receive SMP from the gouvernement (and both together equal 100% of my salary)
For the next 3 months I receive a lower %from my employer + SMP which totals to less than my salary
The 3 next months I get only government pay which is like £145 a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back