Working during maternity leave?

maybebaby

Reaction score
Can you work part time for a different company whilst on additional (unpaid) maternity leave?

I'm not going back to my current job when I finish OML, partly because I'll be living 200 miles away. I was looking at finding another part time job after my mat leave finishes, to bring in a bit extra cash.

If I take additional maternity leave from my current work, I continue to accrue holiday, which means I can take 20 days holiday at the beginning/end of my maternity leave instead of just 10.

But is it illegal/unethical to work elsewhere during this time? Sorry if this doesn't make sense...

Hi hun,

I'm not any help but would also like to know the answer to your question. Anyone got any ideas?

x

im pretty sure ur not allowed as being on mat is as good as having a sick certificate i asked as i wanted to go into work and do activitys before B camebut i wasnt allowes

Hi

I found this on Babyworld:

Can I do some part-time work during my maternity leave?

Yes, you are allowed to do another job during your maternity leave, providing you follow any rules at your workplace about doing a second job. However, if you are still receiving maternity pay you may not be entitled to receive it during any week that you work.

Lucy

I know this is random, but are any of you cabin crew?

Hi Ju

I'm not now but used to be 8 yrs ago. Why do you ask?

Lucy

Because I am cabin crew for a major commercial airline and I asked my union about working during mat leave the other day, so I have an answer for crew!

Not sure what I'm going to do when baby is born though.............to fly or not to fly, that is the question! :?

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back