• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teat help! (Tippee and Dr Brown) UPDATE

debecca

Reaction score
Yo.

We're currently using Dr Brown level 2 and have been since she was 4 weeks (supposed to be 3 months)... the HV has recommended we now move to a bigger teat as Flod has started screaming in the middle of every bottle and she thinks this might be frustration... hope so because a bigger teat is a quick fix!

Anyway I have a question... are TT teats BIGGER than Dr Browns? They both say suitable from 3 months. It's probably about time we moved back to the Tippees anyway as they're WAY less hassle to wash up and she doesn't get that bad trapped wind in her gut any more now she's on the Lactose Free milk (colic my ar5e)...

The other thing is that I suspect the LF milk is slightly thicker... do you reckon it's worth moving to Level 3 (from 6 months) even though she's nowhere near that yet? Hv said as she's always been slightly ahead with the teat size that might be better.

Any opinions??

Do you mean the hole in the teat is bigger Bex? I have both as well and Becky can down a TT bottle on a level 2 teat in 10 minutes but takes about 20-30 for a level 2 Dr Brown.

I would try her on the TT level 2 teats if you haven't already and go from there. We only really use the Dr Brown bottles in the evening because the effort it takes to suck seems to tire her out more :lol: .

Thanks hun just made up a 7oz TT bottle with No 2 teat... and have discovered we only have 2 teats in the right size so if they're an improvement we'd better go shopping tomorrow :rotfl:

Seems to be even harder to dissolve powder though :roll:

caitlyn has TT closer to nature she has been on number 2 teats since about 2 weeks old.
caitlyns milk is made thicker by the gaviscon & find that the 2 teat can sometimes get blocked. so it may be worth a try on the 3 teat, if its no good for her, you can always go back to a 2.

i tried teat 3 after a couple of months as he was taking ages with his bottle and had Gaviscon which made milk thicker. at first teat 3 was a bit fast and i kept taking it out now and then so he could rest and before we knew it the teat worked wounders . it was the best thing i ever did as instead of taking an hour to feed he then took 10 mins. x

We're the same, my lo is on gaviscon so her feeds are thicker, she was taking too long to feed and falling asleep during the feed so only taking a couple of ounces so we moved to level 3 doctor brown teats at about 9 weeks, and she is so much better with them.

Have you thought of the variflow teats for tommee tippee???

Ahahahahahaha! We justused the TT bottle with a Size 2 teat and she took all 7oz! No marding!

I will update tomorrow in case it's just a fluke!

Woohoooooo!

lelands been on variflow from 2 months and size 3 since about 4 months so dont worry !

Faith's on TT number 2 we do have some variflow ones too. She is on soya milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back