Tearing? :/.

kadesmummy

Reaction score
I'm so scared of tearing again :(

Does anyone know if scar tissue/re-sewed perenium lol tears easier? or is it like double re-inforced? haha.

2nd degree tears are not for the win.. at all.. :(

Anything i can maybe do to prevent it happening?

xx

With my first I was cut and also tore, with my second I had a smaller tear and with my 3rd a bigger than my second tear lol! So I think its down really to how you push baby out and if you can stop yourself pushing when the MW tells you lol! :lol: (I could not lol :roll: )

I felt exactly the same hun after having quite an extensive 2nd degree tear with my first baby and loads of stitches. The healing process for me was worse than the birth, I was so sore :( So when I got pregnant with my second I tried all the perineal massage to try and stretch the area a bit cos I was terrified of tearing again....however I still had another tear. BUT I have to say, it wasnt half as bad as the tear from my first baby. It was 2nd degree again but only about 1cm long and not in the same place as my last tear, they also didnt stitch me this time and I really believe that made all the difference cos I wasnt sore at all after the birth and bounced back to normal almost straight away :D

Not really sure that the massage helped at all, I think it was more a case of birthing in water so everything was much softer, and also not being so spaced out on the G&A so I could listen to my midwife and follow her instruction on when to push lightly and pant. With my first baby I had so much G&A I was quite out of it, and when it came to pushing him out I just carried on pushing as hard as I could once I felt the burn and I know that is why I tore so badly. Try not to worry hun, just relax as much as you can and I cant stress enough about listening to your midwife and follow their advice!! You will be fine :hug:

I didn't tear with Isaac but had an episiotimy, with Ophelia I had a 1st degree tear and she came VERY fast, and I didn't do any perenium massage ect I thin a lot of it is just how the birth pans out, I don't think you can stop it as such, but I sympathize with your worry, it was one thing I really worried about but like others have said, just go with your body and any advice from the MW and hopefully there'll be no tearing, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back