Tea

LisaJ1986

Reaction score
Now i drink a fair bit of tea, and i'm guessing Angel has got a bit of a taste of it through me. Now whenever i drink it she tries to swipe it from my hands. And when i've finished she imitates drinking it! She actually holds the handle and tips it and puts it to her mouth!
I'm guessing she cannot have our tea coz of the caffeine, and i cannot find baby tea anywhere. But can she have the caffeine free tea bags? Or is there still caffeine in these? I just think she'll get a bit more fluid into her coz she seems to really want it. She plays with juice and refuses water.

Its not the caffeine, its the polyphenols which can reduce iron absorbtion. Can you not give her a cup of water or milk and say its her tea (Seren has a cup of tea which is just warm milk). If you really want to give tea, fennel and chaomomile are good ones.

Hipp Organic to a fennel tea for babies.

Have you signed up to the Hipp baby club? They send you a free bag with the stuff they post you :) At least that way you can see if she likes it before you buy some...

laracomps said:

Have you signed up to the Hipp baby club? They send you a free bag with the stuff they post you :) At least that way you can see if she likes it before you buy some...

I signed up a few days ago. How log before they send?

She just seems really keen to drink it. My nephews have it but i cannot remember how old they were before my sister started giving them it.

My DH's grandma used to give it to him (without his mums knowledge) with 3 sugars in :shock: when he was 3 months old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowah!! 3!! :shock:

We used to give it to my brother when he was younger, I rmbr he was walking about holding the beaker cup thing tho, so mabey 2YO. No sugar tho, just used to love tea.

Little extreme on the sugars! Lol.
I have 2 sweetners in mine but i want her to not need that many at my age.

LisaJ1986 said:
laracomps said:

She just seems really keen to drink it. My nephews have it but i cannot remember how old they were before my sister started giving them it.

I can't remember exactly. But def less than 2 weeks. I was quite impressed with the free stuff :D

It says its suitable from 4 months old clicky

When we were older my Grandad used to make us 'tickley tea' haha, which involved making it quite sweet and stirring it in a special way.

beanie said:
Its not the caffeine, its the polyphenols which can reduce iron absorbtion. Can you not give her a cup of water or milk and say its her tea (Seren has a cup of tea which is just warm milk). If you really want to give tea, fennel and chaomomile are good ones.

Also the decaff ones do contain some caffeine - I am allergic to caffeine and can't have decaff tea bags.

(Edited cos it didn't make sense!)

I remember drinking tea out of a sippy cup when I was very little - it obviously started my lifelong love of the stuff ;)

I never had it with sugar so maybe when you do give it to her she could get used to having it unsweetened too. No idea how old she should be before she can have it though!

LisaJ1986 said:
laracomps said:

They just like to have what you have, Cally was after my margerita on holiday but I don't think she'll be getting one of those soon. Though if she wakes up tonight..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back