Tap water

lella

Reaction score
At what age should i be able to give my LO Tap water, without having to boil it first. I asked my HV but she didnt know, so i was none the wiser. He is 11 months old next week.

I've been doing it for a while, probably about 6 months... but I don't stick to the rules unless I think they're really important ones so don't go by my judgement lol x

I used to give DD cooled boiled water for about 2 months so from 6-8 months ish, soon got fed up of that! She gets bog standard tap water now.

Valentine Xxx

Isaac has his own kettle, so I always use cooled boiled water out of that rather than straight from the tap, but we have hard water here and frankly it tastes horrible, soif your tap water's fine, I'd say go for it at 11months :hug: :hug: :hug:

valentine said:
I used to give DD cooled boiled water for about 2 months so from 6-8 months ish, soon got fed up of that! She gets bog standard tap water now.

Valentine Xxx

'bog standard' hee hee hee made me laugh :)
I use tap water too, usually filtered but not always.

Thanks for your replies girls, i think i shall go for it! :hug:

I use tap water for his cold water drinks after meals. It's fine after 6 months.

But I still use cool boiled water for his bottle in the day and breast morning and evening.

K.x

iv been giving millie tap water for ages! she's been putting everything in her mouth since she was bout 3 or 4 months old anyway (and last week she was sucking the metal bar on the trolley in asda! :lol: ), there'll be germs on them so i dont see the point in boiling water. i still sterilize bottles tho

the reason for boiling tap water is the same as the reason for sterilising of bottles - its all rather unnecessary these days in the UK. the original point of boiling tap water and sterilising is because our water wasn't clean - now it is, negating the need for boiling the water and sterilising bottles (as long as they're washed at over 65 degrees and thoroughly clean).

having said that, even though i know there's actually no need, i boil my water and sterilise my bottles - i'll probably stop when connor starts chewing on things and sticking other stuff in his mouth though.

I was giving hannah tap water a long long time ago. And i know as from about 6 months i didnt sterilize the bottles etc anymore. (i know they say you should till they are 12 months) but i havent had any problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back