Tantrums

tinytoes

Reaction score
Last night before bedtime , Aoibheann was pulling at the t.v . Obviously I took her away from it and told her NO in a firm voice . She went crazy .... screaming , crying , stamping her legs .
I have never seen her react like that :( . I'm always firm with her about things she normal just accepts it and is happy to do something else . Now part of me was thinking , ok she's about to have supper and she's tired . So I got her supper ready and got her to bed .. but now I wonder should I have calmed her down ? Should I have let her have her tantrum .
I'm suddenly feeling very in-adequate .:wall2: I know she's getting to the age wher she's going to do these kinds of things . What do I do , How do you discipline an 11 month old ? Up until now I have always used a firm (but not shouty voice) to explain why she cant do something .. Can anyone help me here as I'm so lost and feel like a terrible mum :(

Don't be silly your not a bad mum! I really can't remember how I disciplined Lacey at that age. I know she had the naughty step but I'm sure that wasn't introduced until she was 2. Sorry I can't be much more help x x

Thanks hun , I think its hormones as well making me feel a bit crazy lol :)

:hug: youre not a terrible mother at all, its perfectly normal, noone expects your child never to have a tantrum.

At 11 months your best technique is distraction as theyre too young to understand naughty step etc.. as they dont have the receptive language skills to understand explanations. your intincts were spot on, just distract and diffuse the situation, you did perfectly :yay:

No more putting yourself down as a bad mummy please!! :flower:

:hugs: thanks Tiny I was feeling so sorry for myself yesterday , I feel really encouraged now thanks xx

I think you did well too. At that age it is just distraction. Your not a terrible mum at all.
You just have to find what works best for your LO and you.

Tbh, I still feel lost with discipline at times. AJ can be a right tinker.
Daddy is a softie so its quite hard as he has him wrapped around his little finger. Where as I'm tough love Mammy :lol:

we're the same OH can be a bit quick to cuddle instead of saying no . Then i have to be the meanie :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back