• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tantrums

gems

Reaction score
Hi every1 Jess is almost 14months old and she keeps having tantrums. Everyday she is throwing tantrums. When she needs her nappy changing, geting dressed, getting her coat/shoes on, when she is told no when she is doing somethng she is not supposed to do, going in her high chair and buggy. She is also still not sleeping through the night I'm still getting up 5 times a night most nights. When she wakes me up in the night she usually just wants a dummy or a cuddle but other times she thinks shes its time for her to get up and play. If I pick her up she grabs at my hair or starts trying to touch my face and lays there grinning at me. If I put her back in or don't pick her up I get a massive screaming tantrum. I just don't know what to do. I'm having another baby in July and I just don't know how I will cope with a new baby and the tantrums and lack of sleep. I'm starting to kind of regret having another baby as I don't know how I can cope with this I feel at breaking point :( I just don't know what I have done wrong to make her like this I feel like its my fault and I am a crap mum Has anyone else had the same problem so I don't feel like I'm the only one and has any1 got any ideas whats wrong or what I can do? Thank you for any replies xxxxxxx

my lil boy ciaran now 3 was same right lil monster he use to throw things worst thing he did and sometimes still does is hit his self one thing what did work with us is dont use the word no if we did he would really go on one with the nappy changes we got him to bring us the things like mat the wipes the nappy the nappy bag and once he had changed his bum he put in the bin and then washed his hands he felt like a big boy but he was helping and that was a big thing it also got him ready for when our next baby was here coz that was his job when the baby come so he didnt feel left out with the nights i think your lil one is just wanting reasurance from you she knows something is changing and she doesnt know what try getting a baby doll and getting he to put the baby down to sleep then you say to her now mummy is going to put her baby to bed for a long sleep till the morning time if she wakes as hard as it will be you carnt pick her up if she stands in the cot give her a quick squeeze so she knows its ok but then say to her if she starts to cry sssshhhhh you will wake your baby up she might be a lil young to understand but it will take the attention away from what she is doing with the pulling of her hair dont give any reaction just hold her hand then say you carnt do that it hurts mummy and mummy will cry then put her down when she does something good praise her alot ott with it then pick her up and say your mummys big girl i hope it gets better for you hun and i hope i have help even a bit i know whats its like i just do feel bad but dont it will get better :hug:

Daniel has just turned 14 months and he is being a total nightmare, I just can't cope with him at the moment. He used to sleep so beautifully from 7:00 - 7:00 and now he is waking up several times in the night and just screaming. He won't stop screaming unless I am in the room with him which means I get no sleep. Today he has just not stopped squealing and throwing tantrums which is really upsetting me. It is like he is going through the terrible two's at 14months.

Thanks for replying Chaz and batgirl. Chaz I have been tring to get Jess to help me today at nappy change times but so far as soon as I mention nappy she trys to run away! Will keep tryin tho so thank u I already have a baby doll for her so we could try the sleep time thing. She has gone to bed tonight fine! So far so good we will c what happens tonite. I think alot of the bed time fuss is due to her teething to be honest. I feel like I've coped better today as I slept when Jess had her nap and its made a differnence in how I'm feeling. Batgirl i hope Daniel grows out of the tantrums soon do you think its his teeth that is waking him up at night? Perhaps his tantrums are due to him being tired and frustrated? :hug: :hug: xxxxx

Well, last night we bathed him and then he went to bed a little later than usual and he slept really well. Only woke up once and my husband went in to him rather than me and he settled quickly. He is a lot better today than yesterday but is steal quite screachy which really grates on me after a while.

Glad he was better last night hun. Well we have just had the biggest tantrum ever! Getting dried and dressed from the bath took about half hour as she is constantly trying to get away and I'm having to grab her and try and put a nappy and clothes on while she struggles and kicks and screams. She screams like some1 is trying to kill her! I wouldn't be suprised if social services end up coming round coz of the noise she makes! I just can't believe the way she just behaved and I don't know why or what I've done wrong to make her like this :( its really upset me feel so crap

Oh no, you mustn't think it is something you have done. I am sure it is just a phase, am sure everyone says that, I know they do to me but normally these things do pass and we just have to grit our teeth and get through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back