• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sounds like people are telling me I'm a bad mum

sweetpamii

Reaction score
I've not been on here in ages. But I really need to rant. My little one has been taking bad tantrums lately, she's 3 months, if I know nothing is wrong I'll lay her on her mat till she calms down, she just wants up all the time. This is the way I want to deal with her and I know it's because he held her at the beginning. But my best friend turned around the other day during one of willows tantrums and said I hope u know this is your fault. I didn't think about it at the time but thinking now I feel that she just said you done it wrong in the beginning.
All I've had since she was born is do this do that, oh that's not right your doing this wrong. Now I'm feeling like a horrible mum. Don't know what to do.

I think at first it's right for babies to just want cuddles and they should be given them! There is a cut off point though.

I think every baby has their whingey days and when Sophie's on one I put her down on her playmat with a blanket, let her strop for a bit and then it all goes silent and she's asleep! It's mainly when she's overtired that she acts like this or she just woke up in one of those moods.

Exactly, I didn't hold her every minute of the day or anything. And she is just stropping. But I feel like everyone's looking down on me when shes in a mood. Like oh that's shocking that baby crying like that. Or worse imagine ignoring her baby.

Ive actually been told the opposite to you and people have said just leave her to it if there's nothing wrong lol!

I don't mind advice at all but sounds like the way they are saying it is insensitive. As the say it's 20% what you say, 80% how you say it that counts. My mum does offer advice and if I think it's a bit dated, I just say so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back