• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Taking the pill & getting pregnant.

jenna

Reaction score
I stopped taking the pill yesterday as iv decided to try for my 1st baby. I was just wondering if any one knew anything to do with working out due dates after taking the pill?

i tried looking it up and i got a few web sites that said its impossible to work out your due date if you have taken the pill right up to getting pregnant. its something to do with wokring out your last period i think.
but im not sure if thats true. :think:

Think it depends on when your period starts. I stopped taking my pill and started bleeding the next day then got my bfp 28 days later. GP told me i wouldn't be pg as i hadn't started period yet cos of the pill. But rang me a few days later to say it was positive. My dates were right but i think i got quite lucky.

sorry hun am not really sure on this when i came off the pill i used other contraception for 3 months and didnt ttc till pill was out of my system and periods were regular good luck xxxxxxx

its funny coz i got pregnant while i was on the pill:) :think:

Hi Jenna, I suppose it depends on whether the last pill you took was the last pill of the course, or whether you stopped taking them during the middle or early part of the 21 days? ie, only took a few pills?

I'm only guessing, but I would presume that if you took all 21 pills then AF would come as normal, then you could calculate it the same way as anybody else, ie counting day 1 of AF as day 1 of your new cycle. On the other hand, if you've only taken a few of the 21 pills, then maybe it might be a little longer before you get AF. Only guessing though! Did you finish the course or stop them halfway through?

Hi Jenna :)

I finished my pills and had my 'pill period' before we started trying for Phoebe. I fell pregnant in the first month and the doctors based it solely on the 1st day of my last period because I hadn't had a 'normal period' after coming off the pill.
However at my 20week scan my date was changed but only by 2days.

If you didn't finish your pill cycle and are not waiting for your 'pill period' then I'm not sure how you'd work out your due date. Maybe take it from the day your period would have arrived had you taken your last 2 pills?

:lol:

I agree with BubbleOne .... I would think it will come around the same time as normal, or maybe just a day or two before. Good luck with TTC!

littlelady87 said:
its funny coz i got pregnant while i was on the pill:) :think:
don't see that (i've just posted about this!!)

I stopped taking the pill in the march (had loads of pills left and stopped cos they were making me ill) then i had no period until the beginning of May and fell pg right after that.

It is best to wait until after your first period before you TTC because sometimes coming off the pill can give you pg symptoms and confuse and frustrate you.

*ALSO I READ THAT CONCEIVING STRAIGHT AFTER COMING OFF THE PILL CAN INCREASE THE CHANCES OF HAVING TWINS* don't know how true that is but it was some sort of medical spiel.

xx

I finished a packet and then came off and then had an AF a few days later. Then I waited 24 days before having another 'normal' AF and then the next one was 30 days. Currently day 23 and waiting for next AF - not that she is welcome. Already had a BFN this month - very disappointing :cry:

Hi

I got preg on the pill as well so i dunno , good luck though
Katrina

It would be better for you to have a period before you start trying as it will be really hard to work out your due date if not. If you were to get pregnant before they would probably do a dating scan in about 12 weeks.

I stopped taking my pill on the 24th april, literally had a af STRAIGHT AWAY grrr and i find without the pill its extremely painful, lol well I had another af 28 days later and was due on the 19th of this month but now im pg

:oops: i have been feeling a weird at the moment. and i have had a negative test. I want twins anyway well at some point dont know wether my 1st should be :wall:

yep, my nanan and my mum but her sister died :cry:

wow its a possibility then!! good luck xx

How long after coming off the pill did anyone's AF settle down? I came off about three months ago and I'm currently on a 21 day cycle and bleeding for nearly two weeks. A joy, let me tell you. This didn't happen the last time and I had no trouble conceiving. Anyone got any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back