• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Taking Josh out of nursery?

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Hiya,

At the minute Im not working and we've had a talk and decided it'll be staying that way til the babys born. Please dont think Im being lazy, theres alot of things that have influenced our decision and it really is for the best. I wont be claiming benefits either in case anyone thinks Im taking the easy way out!!

Anyway, Josh goes to nursery 3 days a week and although it costs £300 a month its done him the world of good, he's been there since he was one and he's learnt so much as well as becoming close to the staff and his friends there. Now that Im not working I dont get help with the costs. We could manage but we'd struggle, so we've weighed up the options and are considering taking him out of there. He starts school in a year anyway.

But heres the problem, Im sitting here nearly in tears at the thought of him having to leave. He loves it and I feel awful for taking him away from it, he's practically grown up there and its helped him so much, he's so intelligent and has got such a good head on his shoulders for a 3 year old.

What do I do? That nursery is everything he's ever known :cry:

Aww hun what a hard desicion to have to make :hug:

could he go just maybe 1 day a week?

Or is there any playgroups near you? they usually are 1/2 day sessions and take from 2/12 to school age

Also won't he be going to school nursery/early years unit soon?

Emily went at 3 1/2 and some days she would go to playschool in the morning then school nursery in the afternoon so she had maybe 2 days where she was more or less full time and it got her ready for school so well

Thats what I was thinking about, maybe putting him in 1 day a week instead of 3.

The school he's going to has a nursery unit which would be handy as if he started there he'd meet his classmates and get to know them before they all moved up to reception class together.

I need to go and ask about it but Im not sure if there are any immediate places for him to go there. Im sure I'll sort something out for him but its just sad that he has to leave his other one.

My daughter is at nursery one day a week. Been there since 5 months when I went back to work. I left work in april and we reduced the hours as we didnt get help with costs. Can you not reduce the number of days that way it costs you less but he still gets to go? Do you not get funding as he is 3. I thought 3 and 4 year olds get 2.5 hours a day for free.

Hannah X

I would think that would be a good idea we always have parents coming in to change days all the time. Look in to the school nursery there may be some spaces and it would really help with settling in. Im so sorry your having a tough time with it but it will all work out in the end :hug: :hug: x x

hananhmiller said:
My daughter is at nursery one day a week. Been there since 5 months when I went back to work. I left work in april and we reduced the hours as we didnt get help with costs. Can you not reduce the number of days that way it costs you less but he still gets to go? Do you not get funding as he is 3. I thought 3 and 4 year olds get 2.5 hours a day for free.

Hannah X

Yes we've started getting help off the government with it but it still leaves a few hundred to pay. We only started getting it last month even though he was 3 in April :?

x-kirsty-x said:
Hiya,

At the minute Im not working and we've had a talk and decided it'll be staying that way til the babys born. Please dont think Im being lazy, theres alot of things that have influenced our decision and it really is for the best. I wont be claiming benefits either in case anyone thinks Im taking the easy way out!!

Anyway, Josh goes to nursery 3 days a week and although it costs £300 a month its done him the world of good, he's been there since he was one and he's learnt so much as well as becoming close to the staff and his friends there. Now that Im not working I dont get help with the costs. We could manage but we'd struggle, so we've weighed up the options and are considering taking him out of there. He starts school in a year anyway.

But heres the problem, Im sitting here nearly in tears at the thought of him having to leave. He loves it and I feel awful for taking him away from it, he's practically grown up there and its helped him so much, he's so intelligent and has got such a good head on his shoulders for a 3 year old.

What do I do? That nursery is everything he's ever known :cry:

although he loves the nursery there is no better place for a child than with its mother. We are the best teachersa baby can have. He will love to have your company :hug:

Thank you :hug:

I'd love to have him at home all day with me but I cant give him the educational side of things. I mean we count, sing and do number and word puzzles and stuff together, and we read all the time but its nothing compared to what they learn at nursery. This last year before he starts school is important cos they start to learn proper curriculum stuff dont they? I just want the best for him :)

send him to normal nursery then. half a day every day. :)

Yeah Mason went Mondays and Thurdays for 1/2 days at a playgroup/nursery thing, it was great he loved it and it helped get him ready for school.

sorry aint read the hole post so apologise if someone has sed this
wen a kid reaches three dont they get like 2 mornings aweek really cheap?? as its ' preparing then for skool@

Yeah Sarah, Josh has started getting government funding which brings the cost down but he only started getting it a month ago even though he was 3 in April :?

school

yes sarah. Yo have to put your childs name down pretty soon though to get a place. You get either mornings and afternooons and its free if its connected to a school.

Bethany satarted if you remember in september. She loves it and it does get them usedto school coz hers is connected to the school she will be going to and go into assembly and onto the playground etc.
:)

oh that sounds really good
B goes to nursery 2 days a week and its connected to 2 skools but neither are the ones i want to send B to

could u not cut down the hours he goes to nursery instead of stopping it completly

Yep thats what Im gonna do,lethim go 2 days a week rather than 3, then maybe just 1 day a week.

I put his school application in today but the deadlines today so I hope it goes through in time :)

On the meet a mum website you can get a full list of mum and toddler groups in your area and what facilities they offer. You could always go to a couple of these with him a week, that way you can still spend the time with him, but he can still play and interact with other kids too. You can just sit back with a cuppa and meet people yourself, while he is reasured that your around and still have fun.

Dont ever feel like you have to justify not working to be with your child, whether you claim benefits or not, I think if there is anyway a mum can stay at home with ther kids its the best thing to do. After all the systems tries to screw us as much as possible, its good if you can get a bit back to help you raise your kids.

I send jess to nursery 2 mornings a week. Then on monday and friday its mothers and toddlers leaving us a free day to do what we want and daddy is usually off those days.
You would be surprised what your kiddie picks up from you just doing everyday things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back