• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WTF HAVE I GOT MYSELF INTO???

DEFINITELY tell your OH hun. I had a similar thing happen a few years ago when I was with my ex. It nearly split us up. We split after another couple of years anyway, but I still feel the trust was ruined.

Basically, I was contacted by an old male schoolfriend via Friends Reunited using my work email address which is the one I had registered with. This old friend suggested via email that we get together for a drink. I niaively thought he meant me, my OH, my daughter, and him, his pregnant wife, and their daughter. I told him yes via email, but that I was going on jury duty for 2 weeks, so to contact me on my home email, or my mobile. He took this that I was trying to be secretive. He then sent me a very saucy text one Sunday night. :shock: OH asked who was texting me, and I panicked and said it was junk text. But kept it on my phone so I could contact him. The next day, I did, and we arranged to meet. I saw him that lunchtime and set him completely straight, and said I didn't want to see him again. But, unknown to me, OH's sister had seen us together (what are the chances!!), and OH also had thought I was acting wierd about the text the night before, so had checked my phone. That night I got home from court and he had packed his stuff, drank half a bottle of gin, and accused me of having an affair! :shock: It didn't matter how much I denied it, he still thought I was cheating on him.

This man at work is in the wrong, not you. You have nothing to feel guilty about. Show your OH the texts, keep them on your phone, and if your company is big enough, how about a descrete word with HR (without mentioning names if you don't want to). He should be ashamed of himself. I feel for his poor wife and child. :(

wow thats really weird

The best thing to do is just tell him straight that your not intrested, if it continues tell your OH and maybe even your boss

and JMC...its not all about looks is it?

Hi kirsty you must be dredding going into work now because you know how he feels. If i was you i know this may cause an argument with your OH but i would tell him exactly what you have stated on here that you only done it as a friendly guesture and hes now txting you asking stuff like if you fancy him. Im more than sure your OH will understand the situation but this way its covering yourself incase this 40 yr old man starts stirrring trouble for you. How well do u know this guy? just incase he starts spreading stuff around and it gets back to your OH i just think its best for you to tell him first.

Hope this 40yr old guy gets lost and leaves you alone

Take care hun and hopefully it will all just blow over

Jean & girls
xxxx

hi, thanks for all your replies.

well i told OH about it and he was a bit weird with me, obviously wondering why id given my number out in the first place but he told me it'll be alright. at first he picked up the phone and was gonna ring this bloke and give him a piece of his mind but i told him not to as i dont want to cause problems, after all i have a job to keep! he threatened to come to my work tomorrow aswell and see the bloke himself.

he didnt ring him in the end but he says keep the texts and show my boss, which i will do if it carries on.

ive only known the bloke for a month or so and not very well, we just talk sometimes like workmates do. he's texted twice today asking if im still speaking to him! im just going to go into work in the morning and not even look at him!

thanks again for all your replies xx

x-kirsty-x said:
he's texted twice today asking if im still speaking to him!

OMG, Sounds really wierd :roll:

Let us know what happens in work !!

x-kirsty-x said:
hi, thanks for all your replies.

well i told OH about it and he was a bit weird with me, obviously wondering why id given my number out in the first place but he told me it'll be alright. at first he picked up the phone and was gonna ring this bloke and give him a piece of his mind but i told him not to as i dont want to cause problems, after all i have a job to keep! he threatened to come to my work tomorrow aswell and see the bloke himself.

he didnt ring him in the end but he says keep the texts and show my boss, which i will do if it carries on.

ive only known the bloke for a month or so and not very well, we just talk sometimes like workmates do. he's texted twice today asking if im still speaking to him! im just going to go into work in the morning and not even look at him!

thanks again for all your replies xx

You need to tell your boss hun, its getting a bit out of hand and you'll need to tell your boss just incase he decides to say something first and make things up.

I hope everything is going okay today hun. Glad you told your OH, and he reacted well.

Don't forget, if you get any s**t from this guy today, go straight to the boss.

Let us know how you got on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back