Symptom spotting driving me nuts!

emmimoo

Reaction score
After 6-7 failed months of TTC, this month I decided to take a break from all the anxiety and symptom spotting, however AF due in 2 days and my boobs are sore like you wouldn't believe and have been getting mild cramps!
Never ever had cramping except for the last 2 months but never before AF, which as you can imagine is putting my anxiety into overdrive!
Can't speak to other half because he knows nothing about biology so instead he will just worry.
Rant over, thanks for listening!

Hi Emmimoo,

I'm sort of in the same boat but AF not due until a week tomorrow. I've been having some strange feelings and it's hard not to wonder whether they are pregancy-related or not. I've been having weird cramps in my tummy since Thursday. Not like period pains really. Difficult to describe but a constant ache which is fairly low-level in terms of pain but always there. It's kind of like a full feeling too. I have been pregnant twice in the last 6 months but both ended in miscarriage unfortunately. And I did have strange cramps like this, but I'm trying not to think about it too much because I can't test for ages. The weirdest thing was yesterday when I had breakfast and then felt really really sick. I went to the bathroom but wasn't sick, but had to go and have a lie down and ended falling asleep for 2 hours. I ate later than day and felt fine. That was really weird. Have never had a tummy bug that disappears in a few hours, but it could be that rather than pregnancy hormones. Anyway it's all really weird and annoying and I just want to test and to know either way. SO frustrating!!!

I would say that your symptoms could be pregnancy or period related. It's hard to tell. But just remember that some people don't get a BFP until a few days after their period is due. Perhaps you should try a test tomorrow or the day after?

I know what you mean about other halves. Mine doesn't understand any of it and even asked how I knew I was having a miscarriage the second time. Bless him, they just don't understand these things!

Anyway, keep us posted on how things pan out for you!!

A

Well symptoms have continued, and got worse. Now include nausea, dizziness, and insomnia on my list.
Am due AF tomorrow (cycle can be anything from 26days to 32days) so did a cheeky POAS this morning and got a BFN on a cheapie test.
Might wait till weekend before trying a digi test, if my willpower will last.
So frustrating.....

Unfortunately its the progesterone that gives the symptoms of both pregnancy and AF - so symptom spotting is usually pointless!

Fingers crossed for you though!.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back