Driving myself nuts symptom spotting.

yorksmummy

Reaction score
I am a mum of 2 girls, neither of which were particularly tried for, just left for fate to decide. I was so lucky that they were both conceived very quickly but consequently I took no notice of amy symptoms, just tested once AF had not arrived just to check. (I know how lucky I am to have conceived effortless trust me.)
My OH and I decided to try for a 3rd this summer (I wanted to try and get to my early 20s weight as now mid 30s, have managed to lose a couple of stone but not as much as I wanted). However after a very merry Christmas we realised we were cutting it a bit close (2nd daughter was conceived 4 days after a one off) so decided that if we were going to conceive we'd give it our best shot (s'cuse the pun) to try for a boy as this would be our last child (don't care girl or boy really).
So consequently as this time we have actually tried for a baby I am symptom spotting like mad. Of a 28 day cycle I should be about 5dpo but CM went clear and stretchy around day 9 (wasn't checking per se just noticed). Don't know if my ovulation is irregular as 1st baby was conceived on day 10 and 2nd baby on day 21 (according to the scans).
So this is really my first ever 2WW and I am symptom spotting like crazy, on Monday and Tuesday I felt like my bladder was bursting (even after I had just been), by boobs feel hot and like they are in the let down reflex (I am still giving the youngest a night time feed). My belly just feels odd, like there's a pressure or slight period pains. I have a permanent dull headache, and by this time of the day I want to curl up with my youngest and go to sleep. Plus I noticed today that my CM is thick, creamy and quite snotty (sorry can't describe it any other way). OH says I am snoring - only snore when pregnant, it stops when the baby arrives.
Won't test til the 16th, OH convinced I am as the other 2 were so easy (keep trying to tell him it doesn't always work like that)
Is it too early to have these symptoms? Is it all in my head?This 2WW lark is awful.........

2ww is a complete sod so big big hugs :hug:
Your symptoms all sound really good. Esp the snoring bit which is unique to you. The annoying thing is it really will just be a waiting game to confirm. I feel for you. FX my lovely xxx

Thank you, it's amazing what symptoms you start to imagine isn't it. My nose is a bit runny and a bit congested, so I think oooh is it another symptom, but it's probably the start of a cold.......
Hope no-one is taking my comment about conceiving so easily the wrong way, we have friends who have really struggled and it seemed so unfair that we found it so easy, I wished I could swap them sometimes, believe me I feel so truely blessed.
Need to concentrate on something else for a week or so.......

I'm in the same situation as you just now. I also cant really remember early pregnancy symptoms, I only have one child tho - and she's 6. So my pregnancy feels like a life-time ago.

I have the exact symptoms as you - and more. I think theres a good chance you could be pregnant. I remember every bit of my pregnancy coz I was aware that I was pregnant 2 days after conception, and got neg tests untill i was about 7 weeks on (or there abouts) plus I took 2 periods during it. I remember alot of my current symptoms from the first one, there's a couple that I'm getting now that I didn't get then which is sore nipples and heartburn, but they say every pregnancy is different. I'm starting to think I might not be pregnant now, because of all the negative tests, and i'm worried what else might be wrong. Ah well, jst need to keep waiting i suppose.

You could always try one of the early pregnancy tests?

Good luck

With my other two I got positive pregnancy tests from the day AF was due, so will wait until then, did try a FR with my 2nd but it didn't pick her up, CBD did a week later.
I think it's not so much the symptoms but the amount of BDing (if that is the right abbreviation) that occurred means I know it will have happened aound ovulation for sure. And as my hubby pointed out the other two were very quick. So I am looking for symptoms to try and second guess it. So impatient........

How long til AF is due?

I suppose all we can really do is keep testing and keep waiting.

If you've fallen pregnant quickly before then there's a chance it would happen that way again....especially if you've been BD'ing at the right times.

Is your AF normally regular? If so then you should get a better idea the day after its due? - One of the major symptoms of pregnancy is obvs a missed period. So try and hold tight til then. I've been getting symptoms for about 6/7 weeks now, and my AF is nearly 4 weeks late, makes me wanna :wall2:

:)

I spotted your thread about being so late, unbelievable that the doctor isn't interested in doing anything. Thought they'd have been looking into it given your symptoms.
My AF won't be due until 16th Jan, not too long to wait and I am kept busy by my little ones. It has been regular 28 days since it's return after my 2nd daughter, first time ever that it has been so regular. But the date of ovulation is just a guess, will sit tight until the 16th, only 10 days to wait...........

Yeah it has been a nightmare with doctors ect - they treat you as if...oh its only that you might be pregnant, you should wait it out...and i'm like...noooo i want to know now! This has a big impact on my life and its also effecting my health as i'm getting panic attacks about it.

I dont remember the symptoms being this much as when i had my wee girl - coz with her the symptoms were more spread out - now i have everything all at the one time.

But here's a question i ask myself - if my symptoms are all pregnancy, and theyre enough to cause every symptom to happen in my body then surely that wld be the same hormones that made the test postive....this is whats making me doubt the whole thing.

How long until the doctors test is back? Wait until then and if that is a BFN I would be camping outside the surgery to get an appointment, you know if your're not feeling "normal" and he/she should listen to that.
This morning the symptom spotting has continued, feel very AF like, and it's not due til the 16th, slightly nauseous (sure it's too early for dpo5 unless I OVed early) - probably in my head though, and the biggest difference this morning..... I am an oven!!!! It was -4 degrees last night (outside), my OH is normally the warm one and I sleep in thick pjs and socks and try to steal the duvet. This morning he said he was cold (so it must have been) and I was throwing covers etc off. I suffer from Raynauds (poor circulation in my fingers, toes etc, and even my hands are really hot this morning...... (voice of reason says hmmm but remember they could be symptoms that you are be sickening for something - although I don't feel like I am)

How are you feeling now?

Thats very strange about your temperature. My sleeping patterns have changed too, normally i need to a have a cold bedroom (windows open and fan on) but get warm under the covers, recently ive been so warm i cant even sleep with a cover on, windows open wide.

I'm getting my results back on Monday.

I'm feeling ok, still a bit warm, have been slightly congested on and off but that has subsided for now.
Decided that I have to think I am not pregnant otherwise I am going to be gutted when AF arrives, was walking round the supermarket today thinking about the baby that might be, nuts!! I am genuinely ok either way, if I am not then I will diet some more and then try in 6 months as planned.
At least, if anything like mine, your weekend will fly, then you'll get your results and then you can plan where you go from here, either result.
Hope you have a chilled out weekend x

I absolutely cant wait for this weekend, i'm so tired i'm falling asleep just now, but I wanna stay up a bit later to spend some time with OH

Me and you are in the exact same situation then, because thats what i'm gonna do to - if it turns out i'm not pregnant, i'm not gonna be really upset or anything, i will same as youself, be happy to get losing some weight and looking towards the summer. As I know that i have lots more time to ttc. But obvs a baby would be nice.

I'm in a different situation to alot of ppl on here - i've never actually tried for a baby, with my first we were NTNP. I can totally relate to wanting one, as i really wanted another a cpl of years ago buty OH kept saying no, so I have been in that situation, but i've never actually tried so i'm not really used to this much upset jst through periods and stuff! But all the same - I still need the same levels of advice as everyone does, just because i've had one before doesn't make my situation any less important.

:)

We are very much in the same situation then. Feel that I am not in the same boat as most people on here too. But driving myself nuts none the less.
With my first we were trying as such, had just moved in together, had actually said "Ah well we've blown it this month" as we'd been stressed moving things and not doind much BDing and hey presto. And the second was a one off unprotected that fertilised 4 days later. So never had this 2ww lark.
Enjoy your weekend, at least weekend business will keep our minds off things!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back