Swine Flu Jab - Awful Migraine

DW1978

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had my Swine Flu jab on Wednesday morning at 11.30am. The nurse said there might be some mild side effects - feeling a bit fluey and headaches but nothing that will put me to bed.

That afternoon I started getting a cough and feeling a bit crappy and by 6pm the cough had given me a banging headache. Took some paracetamol and thought it would go. Well, by 8pm that night I was feeling awful, really bunged up, watery eyes and my head was so painful it was starting to make me feel sick. I went to bed and hoped that sleeping would make it go away. I woke up at 3am and my head was still really painful so I took some more paracetamol and went back to bed. When I woke up at 6.30am it was still really bad. I stayed up with my son for about 30 mins and then decided I needed to go back to bed. I had to stay in bed till about 1pm and take more paracetamol. I've still got it now but just have to keep taking paracetamol every 4 hours to keep it at bay but I can always feel it but the paracetamol make it bearable.

Has anyone else felt this ill after their jab?

That sounds scarey, I've not been offered the jab so dont know if thats normal, maybe give midwife or doctor a call and let them know how terrrible you have been feeling, they might let you take something a little stronger than paracetamol. hope you feel better soon x

After you have the flu jab sometimes you can get flu like symptoms for a while. Afaik its all about your immune system and how well your antibodies handle the vaccine.

Just hang in there xxx

Am I ok to keep taking all these paracetamol? I must have taken 16 or so since Wed evening?

I'd contact your Mw or doctor hun, I felt a bit rough after mine for about a week, with fluey symtoms, and I took every drug going at the time to help (not realising I was pregnant :-( ) x

Am I ok to keep taking all these paracetamol? I must have taken 16 or so since Wed evening?

I wouldn't go over the stated dosage of paracetamol hunny. So as long as you are not doing that it will be fine. But you might want to give your mw the heads up that you are feeling rough and necking loads of paracetamol. They may even give you something else for it.

Hope you feel better soon xxxxx

Just phoned my GP's secretary and she's said theres nothing else I can take apart from Paracetamol so I just have to perservere :eek:(

I had mine yesterday morning, and tolday I feel like someone has smacked me on the head with a sledgehammer! It's not quite as bad as a migraine...but it's enough to keep me lying down :( x I've run out of paracetamol too! x Hope you're feeling better too hun! My arm is soo sore as well x

I had mine yesterday morning, and tolday I feel like someone has smacked me on the head with a sledgehammer! It's not quite as bad as a migraine...but it's enough to keep me lying down :( x I've run out of paracetamol too! x Hope you're feeling better too hun! My arm is soo sore as well x

My arm was really sore yesterday too but was outweighed by the pain in my head! I'm counting down the minutes (45) till I can take my last two paracetamol and I will definitely be getting some more on the way home.

Hope you're feeling better soon too hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back