• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Swimsuits?

I did the first couple of times but shes never caught the sun without it! not even a lil bit pink. is sitting high thirties at the moment. when its mid summer ill probably start usin it again because its high forties then.

You don't have to "catch" the sun for it to do damage to your skin, it can still cause problems whether you get a tan/go pink or not.

I use sunscreeen even now , if we are sitting outside in the sun at all and its warm Aoibheann has factor 50 on any exposed skin . She , like me has very pale Irish skin and although I dont burn it always makes me feel a bit ill if I am out in it too long. I have seen some lovely all in one suits in tesco , and I have seen UV protection tents in Mothercare that are wonderful for a younger baby if you are on the beach or having a picnic xxx

Oh god you've def got to use sun cream. You can get uv damage even on over cast days!
Last week I went for a walk when it was really hot and charley was only wearing a vest and he got covered head to toe in sun cream! I wouldn't let him go out in the sun without it!
Sorry I can't answer your original post Stacey, I haven't got charley anything to wear whole swimming yet x x

My son never burns in the sun either mammakat but still always use sunblock on him or high factor sunlotion.
But yeh theyre definately fine in the sun. In Turkey my first was out in the sun nearly every day as there was no way to avoid it and it doesnt bother him at all. I think babies adapt to heat alot easier.

Last edited:
Thanks girls. I'll deffo get some more sunblock, it was quite warm the other day and I put some on him even though I didn't plan on having him directly in the sun, just wanted to be cautious while we were out!!

i lived in italy for two years and all the italian kids have amazing olive skin and their parents always used suncream from about march when it starts to get hot and they are so funny about making sure they are covered, they still tanned amazingly! but at least they were protected. we're going in a few weeks and its already getting in the thirties, no way would i dream of not putting any on marley!! he will be having the highest factor possible

back to the original thread i cant wait to get him some swimwear!!!!

Haha I love when threads go OT, have some great random convos!!
I can't wait to get A's either, gonna drag myself out tomorrow while lees at the footie and buy everything I need for our hollibob, even though ive got 3 weeks to go... Am usually packed by now :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back