such a crap day and im so down

He naps in his room, in the pitch black and quiet. So, today he has woken up at 7, had breakfast, got niggly around 8 so I put him back down and he went pretty much straight to sleep.

Woke around half 9, maybe quarter past so I got him in the pram at ten and took him down the road to the shop, though I'd go the long way round back home for something to do and as it started to rain I put his raincover on. He started crying then and id only been out the house fifteen minutes. So I just carried on and let him cry, he screamed the rest of the way home whilst I got p*seed wet through, and when he got home he seemed better, so I left him in the pram and faced him towards the back garden so he could watch the birds whilst I made a sandwich.

He then started crying so I got him out, got him some food even though it hasn't been 4 hours since food, and in between swallowing his food he was still crying, so I stopped holding the spoon in front of him and started to eat my own food, he then started smacking his hands on his legs and screaming in temper, so I ignored him, then whenever he stopped I'd carry on feeding him. He then rubbed his eyes so I just put him up in bed with his dummy, he started acreaming more, I don't know if he still is cause ive turned the tv up, I think he is. I don't understand though he sleeps so much I think its unhealthy, within 90 mins he's usually getting ratty, and if were at home he has at least an hour. He sleeps 6-6/7 every night, wakes up a few times for milk or dummy. And he's ratty now when he had 90 mins kip.

He will only have 20/30 mins here and there if in the pram, the only place he priperly sleeps is his own bed he won't even sleep in ours. I feel like I can't go anywhere or if I do I have to rush like mad to get back in time, gets on my nerves sometimes.

I don't know if I should feed him different foods? I don't include much meat in his diet unless its something meat flavoured in a baby jar, I've tried homemade pureed lasagne and spaghetti bolognaise but he doesnt like it, cries when i give it him.

Supposed to be going to a play gym n mothercare in ten mins and I've just checked his monitor n he's fast asleep. X

Do they have growth spurts at his age?

I have a wonder weeks app on my phone, just going to check it now and see what it says x

Has he been like this for a long time? maybe he isn't well and can't say, Jake had tonsillitis and I had no idea, he was crying and moaning none stop all day everyday, until I noticed he had problems when he was swallowing x

Last edited:
He was a bit whingy the day before yesterday, and yesterday was bad, today he was quite calm, took him mothercarw and then a soft play gym and he was a bit tired but he was really interested in all the other toddlers there so only whinged a bit.

I've got a really bad cough, and when I cough really bad I either wretch and nearly be sick or I struggle to catch my breath and feel like I'm gonna pass out if I can't get a breath (sounds dramatic but that's what happens) and hes been coughing but not wretching or anything so I'm worried he's got it.

Would it be a waste of time just to take him the docs and get them to check him over?

He does this thing too at bedtime when I give him his milk I lie him down in his bed on his side and he plays with his ear , well when he first did it about a month ago I took him the docs to see if it was an ear infection or anything, he said everything was fine but he digs his thumb right inside his ear and he has scratches in his ear from his nails, so I don't know whether it tickles his ear or irritates him in some way when he drinks lying down? He won't drink any other way though at night hes bloody murder x

So sorry your going thro this hun.

They really shouldn't be crying as much at that age, it should be getting easier around now, rather than harder. And its nothing to do with how you've brought him up, he is at the age right now where he sets routines & likes things a certain way....so nows the time to make any changes you want for the future, if that makes sense.

It sounds like something is making him cry rather than him just being whingey. Have you considered reflux? Your LO sounds the exact same as Kayden before he was diagnosed, he whinged morning til night, wouldn't take bottles right & hated being in the buggy. He also hated loud sounds & I have read that can aggrivate reflux (dont ask) He could be intollerant to one of the foods he's eating. Food intollerances have reflux symptoms btw.

Anyway hope things are better soon. What a couple of weeks you've had eh!

xxxxxxxxx

Can't hurt to have him checked, never know, he could have an ear or throat infection or it could just be that he is going through hell cutting more teeth but I would take him just to be sure, really hope things get better soon, might be worth getting yourself checked too hun, you need to be well too xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back