Swelling feet

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
Does anybody have any suggestions for how to reduce the swelling in my feet? The only time they go down is overnight - by morning they are nearly normal and within 30mins of getting up they have swollen again. They are starting to feel quite bruised on top and round my ankles. They only started swelling up when it turned hot, but is cooled down a bit a few days ago and the swelling has stayed.

Thanks

i got socks from my doctor.. not normal socks! they're really tight and quite difficult to put on. The type you can buy to fly in... They really work too... my ankles and feet don't swell up at all when i wear them... have to say thou! they get warm and ther're not the sexiest... look okay with jeans. Apart from that i'm the same as you.. they look awful 30 mins after getting out of bed and get worse throu the day. They feel like they're going to burst at times. The MW's and doctors just keep telling me to put them up high. When ever you get the chance put them up higher than your body! means you have to lie flat and then your back hurts...

x

Except the midwife was on at me to sit upright to try and make sure LO's back comes forward. You can't win! I have tried ice packs on my feet / ankles while elavated to but it didn't make any difference. I put my feet in a bowl of icey water - felt good and might have reduced the swelling a bit - but not a lot!

yea i do the feet in ice water too.. feels good but doesn't really take swelling down. I get DH to rub them too.. that helps lots! get the fluid moving... but again it only last for a while... the things we have to put up with... try those socks thou! i wear them every other day.. just to give me ankles a break! When i've got them on i could walk for miles.. even go out on the town!!! looking a bit dodgy thou!

x

i'd try the chemist.. or make an appoitment with your doc and get them on prescription... i think they cost about £8 a pair... you can get full leg length ones but they sound too restricting... i got the ones up to my knee... you'll be suprised how much better your feet feel when you've got them on.. my shoes even felt loose!

x

I suffered with swollen feet from about 22 weeks until I got signed off for my bad back. As soon as I stopped working and started laying down for most of the day, the swelling went. And it doesn't even come back in the heat! :lol:

If you like the feet-in-a-bowl thing, go to the Body Shop and get some of their foot soak. They do a lovely cooling peppermint one,and even if the swelling doesn't go down, they will feel much better.

glad i read this twice befor i put an answer, i misread swelling for smelling!!!! oops :oops: :oops: :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back