Sweeps???

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
i was wonderring, what is the earlierst that the M/w or GP will preform a sweep. i have my next m/w appointment 2morrow where i will be 39+5 (i have no signs of baby coming). will they do a sweep tomorrow if i asked, as next time i see my m/w i will be 40+5 ... i dont want to force LO out, but die to recent bad news about a family member i am very eagar for bambino to arrive asap.

can anyone help??

thank you x x x

I don't have a clue hun I'm sorry but wanted to bump this to the top so someone else can answer. Have you asked in Ask A Mum?

I was wondering this too because my MW gets back from holiday on 29th August (I'll be 41 weeks) and really hoped to see her before then!! I've got my next appt on Thursday (I know she won't do anything at 37+6 but wanted to ask her what happens once I go over my due date).

Hope you get some answers! :hug:

Have you googled it? I know googling stuff isn't great, but it might give you a general idea?

xx

I was reading about this girl last night whos bf gran only had a month to live so she was induced at 38 weeks i think, im sure its not common practice but apparently it happened for her, id ring your midwife and just ask what your options are :)

when i ve asked the midwife last week about a sweep she told me you should be a week overdue..maybe different in your area

my doctor here does it from 37 weeks, but you have to ask, or she wont suggest, my cervix was totally closed so she couldnt, but perhaps if your cervix were softer, they might. Im sure by 39 they would!!!! just ask!

They tried on me yesterday at exactly 40 weeks - was a surprise as I wasn't expecting it - but the cervix was still closed, although thinning, so they couldn't do it properly xx

my MW is going to do one for me at 40 weeks but she's only doing it as i have had 3 induced labours..and realllly don't want one again, but she said it is not common practice to do one at 40 wks usaully

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back