Sweeps

dpsrm

Reaction score
I'm 40+5 now and it's possible at my appointment tomorrow I'll be having a sweep and I was just wondering if it hurt and what to expect.

Also, I am planning to have a water birth but will I be able to have one if I have a sweep?

thank you :)

I had a sweep (in fact I got 2!) they dont hurt but they are uncomfortable..... my sweep didnt help at all unfort but they are successful in some cases...

If it is successful it shouldnt have any effect on your planned water birth... if you have to get induced however it might... each hospital has different views on it, I was induced and my hospital said induced mothers dont get the option of the water pool... but I know other mummy's on here that were induced and got in the pool.

Hope it goes well for you!
xx

I had a sweep with my last baby and it worked for me. Agree with Sarah, it didn't hurt but was uncomfortable. Also I planned for a water birth and they said it would be fine to have after having a sweep as labour is still essentially starting on its own. Unfortunately when I went in to hospital there was no one there qualified in water births.

However if you are induced you will not be allowed a water birth as you are being made to contract medically hence the baby will have to be monitored to make sure its coping with the contractions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back