Sweep cancelled due to "the runs"...

Julia

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

I have had 5 bouts of "the runs" last night and four bouts this morning. I phoned the hospital (I was due for a sweep this morning) and they said not to have it done
(a) because they said it may be the start of labour anyway
(b) understandibly, if it is a bug, the woman doing the sweep could get infected.

I don't think it is a bug because I feel absolutely fine in every other way. I know that labour can start with diarohhea so I am keeping my fingers crossed.....

If nothing has happened by tomorrow, I will have sweep done then....

Julia xxxx

If you have pretty good bowels normally im guessing this is it hun!!! :dance:

At least one of us may have a baby before it grows into a small child!

Keep us posted and remember to text me if you into labour so i can abuse you for beating me to it! lol

Claire x

Thanks, Nori...

Really hope things start happening..I have put your number on my phone so I can keep you updated.

I refuse to believe that I could be at the start of labour until I can speak with the pain (no pain so far)...

Julia xxxxx

oooh perhaps bubs whats to come out today naturally fingers crossed for you hun :hug:

Hope this is the start of things for you!!!!! :D

fingers crossed for you! :hug: xxxxx

Thanks for your posts,

Nothing has happened yet apart from the runs stopping....or so I think.....

Thought it was the beginning - I have been fooled AGAIN!!

I am going to end up having this baby in the house because, when the time comes, I won't believe I am actually in labour and I will leave it too late!!!!!

Julia xxxxxx

aww hun, I'm sorry that you didn't have the sweep and labour hasn't started for you either :( I really feel for you having to wait like this, it must be very frustrating!!

sorry to hear nothing more has happened for you hun, i cant imagine how frustrated you must be, i will know soon enough though as i have a feeling i will be overdue. :( :hug:

Julia said:
Thanks for your posts,

Nothing has happened yet apart from the runs stopping....or so I think.....

Thought it was the beginning - I have been fooled AGAIN!!

I am going to end up having this baby in the house because, when the time comes, I won't believe I am actually in labour and I will leave it too late!!!!!

Julia xxxxxx

I know that feeling! Then again.. i havent really had any pains or anything yet. something has GOT to happen for one of us surely??? Im slowly losing the will to live!

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back