Sweep at 37 weeks

kim88

Reaction score
Iv been told I can have sweeps starting at 37 weeks because Iv had a previous emcs and I'm aiming for a VBAC.
Has anyone had one early before and it did work with it being early? I know anything can happen at anytime in pregnancies but would be nice to hear experiences xx

I had one at 38 weeks due to my son being nearly 10lb. Also was induced and ended in forceps delivery so really wanted to avoid another induction. I had it on the Thurs, waters went Saturday morning an he was born early hours Monday. All natural and a perfect delivery :) x

Hey, I'm in the same situation as you. Had an emcs and now opting to try for a vbac. I'm 37 weeks (38 weeks on Sunday). I've been having growth scans are my son was small and they are keeping an eye on me!!

They have offered me a sweep already when I was at my hospital clinic appointment this week, but I declined it. I went into labour naturally last time and I am hoping to do the same again. I don't really want any intervention if possible as this could affect the chances of me having a successful vbac. I also consider 37 weeks to be early and can't see my body being ready for it anyway!

If you are interested there is a great Facebook group relating to vbacs - when you request to join you do need to explain why, they normally message you before accepting you - I just explained my previous circumstances and my want for a vbac this time.

So far I've found it invaluable as there is lots of information on there and woman who are hoping for and had vbacs already.

The group is called vbac support group uk

Thank you, I will have a look for that group now. My baby is measuring small too, having to go for growth scans to keep and eye on him. I was hoping he might have a bit of a growth spurt soon. What have they said to you regarding your baby being small? Just keep an eye on him? Xx

So I've already had two growth scans, one at 31 weeks and one at 36 weeks. The growth has dropped off abit between the first and the second so I had another scan at 37 weeks to recheck just amniotic fluid levels and blood flow through the cord. Those were both fine as has been fetal movement over the week and also blood pressure etc. If that wasn't they were going to induce me by have now left me for another week and I'm having another growth scan at 38 weeks to check what the growth is like, depending on that will be whether they decide to induce me or not I guess.

They have said it might just be that I carry small babies as my son was small at 6lb

They basically said they like to keep a closer eye on small babies because they have less reserves and can go into distress more easily?!?! Don't know if that's strictly true but I'm happy with the monitoring, what I'm not happy with is doing extra interventions in a precautionary basis as that's how I ended up having a c-section last time, it's a really fine line though.

Hope everything is ok with you and your next scan shows good growth levels xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back