How do I start labour at 37 weeks?

embo

Reaction score
I am pregnant with my third child. Both my other children were delivered by Caeserean. One at 37 weeks weighing 7 pounds. The other at 36 weeks also 7 pounds. Both were delivered by a different obstetrician to the one I have now. My old Ob said he would not let me go past 37 weeks as it is to risky the scar might tear, given the size of my other two. However because we have moved my new Ob is saying he wants me to make it to 38.

In the meantime I was admitted to hospital at 31 weeks, for 1.5 weeks with an irritable uterus. Basically my uterus is trying to get rid of the baby. Sort of like gastro. Thankfully though the baby has not engaged. He has been given steroids as an insurance policy and I am on anti contraction drugs until week 34. However I am wanting to make this all happen at 37 weeks, on the advice of my previous Ob. The only way for that to happen is to get my waters to break or get the baby to engage. I do not like my current Ob. I feel he treats me like a stupid paranoid pregnant woman. I certainly wont be recommending him to anyone!

Any words of wisdom out there would be muchly appreciated.

Maybe ask the online midwife, but surely you can ask for someone else? Maybe after the 34 weeks you may get contractions anyway!
Does he realize what your previous ob told you, state how he made it very clear about the 37 weeks, and how are you not to worry if then a new ob comes along and changes things? Making you feel like your an OTT pregnant women. You should state cleraly that this was set out to be done at 37 weeks and your not comfortable with someone else coming along just to add an extra week on! Its you body!
I really hope things go well for you, and you can change ob's, let us know how things are going!
cat xx

ive been told red rasberry leaf tea, curry and a good seeing to by your dh normal sorts that out and if it doesnt then he didnt do a good enough job and he'll have to do it again!! :oops:

the rasberry leaf tea makes ur muscles in ur uterus contract whether ur preg or not so that shud work!!

fresh pinapple, rasberry leaf tea, cod liver oil, going over speed bumps fast, and teh one that worked for me both times, was nookie lol

Whatever you do don't try castor oil it just makes you REALLY ill. :oops:

Am I missing something? If you don't like and more importantly don't trust your Ob, you should get a new one!

This sort of passivity is how Harold Shipton thrived. Complain, and move on.

(ok, i've only been in the UK 6 years and have not yet grokked the NHS)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back