Swaddling

BabyBrain

Reaction score
Right, I was told on the maternity ward not to swaddle when we got home. I have but starting from under his arms, I don't like the thought of blankets going over his face. However, at my friend's today she fully swaddled him and he slept for 5 hours :shock:.

I really don't want to fully swaddle over night but the thought of 5 hours kip is very very tempting! Does anyone swaddle over night? Matalan do swaddle blankets with velcro fastenings so it can't slip and Mama's and Pappas's do a zip up one. Does anyone use either of these? xxxxxxxxxx

What's wrong with correct swaddling! Wrong swaddling can cause hip problems but I see nth wrong with doing it ok ( without straightening it's legs)
Did they tell you why not? :(

Jack hated his arms being restricted when he was newborn (still hates it now!) so we never swaddled him. Plus he's a June baby so it was too hot. But if he'd have gotten comfort from doing it i'd have done it overnight for sure, just with a thin sheet rather than a blanket x

Theo loves being swaddled! We swaddle him overnight and he sleeps between 3-5 hours in between feeds and has done since day 7 I think! We have summer infant swaddle me blankets, they have Velcro too and are very safe xx

Theo loves being swaddled! We swaddle him overnight and he sleeps between 3-5 hours in between feeds and has done since day 7 I think! We have summer infant swaddle me blankets, they have Velcro too and are very safe xx

I have this too. I would recommend!

I swaddled Rhea till she was bout 11 weeks we too had the summer swaddle blankets . Used to swaddle the boys too but just with normal blankets xxx

Yep im a swaddler! Flynn has a swaddle blanket with velcro tabs however when he vomits all over it (every day) and its in the wash i swaddle with other blankets - he does not sleep soundly without being bound! x

I try to swaddle Logan with blankets but can hear lots of grunting noises until he fights his arms free lol but if I swaddle him when he's tired and doesn't resist he def sleeps a bit longer

I've been swaddling more recently since he's been waking up and suddenly getting excited by the blanket and thinking it's playtime. I don't do it very tight at the top but do have it round the back of his head because it means he keeps one temperature all night even when I pick him up for a feed which is handy.

We swaddle cos shes a nightmare with her arms waking her up. We use the summer swaddle me pods too and they are light weight and at minute just put a blanket over too they are great xx

we also used the summer swaddle me blankets...they were great!! very safe...

there is also plenty of room for little legs to wriggle about and get into 'frog position' as i call it, shold baby wish.

we only just stopped swaddling her at 8 weeks and she is now in sleeping bags, but this was only because she was escaping her swaddle all the time which told us she had had enough. but up til this point she slept really well swaddled..

xx

Definitely nothing wrong with swaddling and they do it in hospitals and it's promoted in nct classes x

I don't know why they said not to swaddle, maybe because people use the wrong blankets and baby gets too hot. I was swaddled and even in the summer wrap myself up in the duvet lol.

These swaddle me summer things are they online or in the shops? Bertie loves being cuddled tightly and sort of disappears in his dad's arms lol. If he gets better sleep he has better awake times so will have to invest definitely

Thanks ladies xxxxxxxx

What's wrong with correct swaddling!

Last edited:
I do it but put it underneath her arms, is this wrong? I don't want her to get cold in the night and she seems to like it as she sleeps for 4 hours at a time xxx

Thanks hun have just ordered some. Got a Summer grobag from tkmaxx today too so hopefully a decent night's sleep is coming soon :D

Dont know if you saw the thread in preg chat but Tesco have some 6-18mth growbags on sale for £5.73, seems to be in store only. Only the bigger sizes but they are good to get and keep for that price. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back