Sunshine and a new book...............!!

positivity :)

Reaction score
evening ladies, what a lovely sunny day its been in london today, i hope it has been where you are as well.

this morning me and OH popped out to do a little shopping and i picked up a pregnancy book called the 'pregnancy bible'. its a great book, has everything in it pregnancy related, your body, diet, excersize, when to tell work etc etc.

anyway, in the afternoon we decided to enjoy the sunshine and go to the park for a few hours, i love the summer so i took a blanket and we laid in the sunshine and i read my book.................! got about 10 pages in and it said pregnant ladies shouldn't get hot!!! said it could lead to m/c in the first trimester - i read this after sitting in 26 degree sunshine for an hour :( i sort of feel stupid now, i check EVERYTHING i do so why was i so stupid with this!!! xxx

Its been lovely up north too hunny. They tend to say getting very hot bath or sitting in a sauna/jacuzzi can rise your body temp and can cause problems, ive never heard sitting in the sun can, Ive been sitting in it all afternoon x x

It's hard to avoid getting hot in this weather hun :hug: I'm sure it means excessive hotness, like going on hols in 40 degree heat and excessive exercise that leaves you a big sweaty mess xx

I wouldn't worry too much... after all people have babies in the tropics all the time without incidents!
I spent a week wobbling around Hong Kong in 42 degree heat when I was pregnant with No#1 and everything was fine.

I think they mean things like really hot baths, spa pools, saunas etc..... otherwise there wouldn't be a pregnant woman in sight on the tube in the middle of Summer :)

ah thank girls, you are all so lovely!! i hope you are all right!! i did think hot baths but it said something about body temp and i was so hot in the sun it worried me! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back