Sunshine/heat in the first trimester

AllieW

Reaction score
Did anyone else see the article in the paper about this today? It was saying that too much sunshine during the first trimester can cause you to have a slightly below average weight baby. The advice was to keep out of the sun as much as possible, wear cool loose clothing, a hat and drink loads of water. Fortunately I do all this stuff anyway as I can't cope with top summer temperatures, but I'm really beginning to wonder - is there anything else they can come up with for us to panic about?!

i thought vitamin d off the sun was good for the baby?
i hope so, because i spent saturday afternoon sunbathing! and im going on holiday on monday!!! :dance:

well i've heard that i bit of sun is good for the baby, cos of the vitamin d, but too much is also bad, havent heard about the lower than average weight thing tho

Well i've not heard anything about this!!...I would have thought the sun was good for you as it makes us feel good in ourselves!!....I would say that sitting out in it in moderation, with sun cream on should do you no harm at all!!....and if your baby is a little on the small side, then its gonna be easier to get out!! :lol:

What a load of rubbish, the sun is great for you and all that vit D as well. Its not so great to sit in it in your third trimestor though.....sunburn and headaches not fab!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back