• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Summer Wedding

DW1978

Reaction score
I've got my step brothers wedding on the 10th June, when I will be 20 weeks. I've had a look round everywhere and can't find any nice maternity dresses that I like. It will be a smart wedding but not really posh - no hats or fascinators or anything like that as my step bro is a surfer so I would have thought most of the men will be smart./casual with shirts and trousers but no ties.

I've found this dress on New Look but do you think it will be smart enough? I will probably wear it will heels for the ceremony but change into pretty flat sandles for afterwards. Plus this is something I'd wear casually afterwards too so wont be a waste of money.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/...dToBag&icCategory=cat30118&_requestid=3686704

I've got my step brothers wedding on the 10th June, when I will be 20 weeks. I've had a look round everywhere and can't find any nice maternity dresses that I like. It will be a smart wedding but not really posh - no hats or fascinators or anything like that as my step bro is a surfer so I would have thought most of the men will be smart./casual with shirts and trousers but no ties.

I've found this dress on New Look but do you think it will be smart enough? I will probably wear it will heels for the ceremony but change into pretty flat sandles for afterwards. Plus this is something I'd wear casually afterwards too so wont be a waste of money.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/...dToBag&icCategory=cat30118&_requestid=3686704

That is a really really pretty dress.

the only advice i can give is if you dont get this dress get a high waisted maxi dress as this will cling to your boobies then flow so loose, and you can get any colour maxi and definatly can casual it down afterwards to get more use out of it. I have a maxi dress from Long Tall Sally Online and its black but criss crosses by the boobs and is so loose and keeps you cool. Looks really elegant and when i get bigger i will definatly be getting it out the wardrobe :)

And thinking about it if you defo will wear the newlook dress lots get it it is a really really pretty piece.
xxxx

That is a really cute dress.... I think the important thing is to be comfy....

I have a wedding in just over a week and decided to go for a maternity dress as my other dresses will not fit or are not right. This is what I got from Next.

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/maternity/2/5

It arrived this week and lucky fits and looks really nice.... only issue is having to wear a strapless bra....as boobs are too saggy from being pregnant to get away with none... :)

There is not allot of choice around for pregnant ladies really and the fact that you have to order online too. :-(

Thanks ladies, I have just ordered it (and a couple of other things!!LOL)!!

Chookette - thats a lovely dress too.

Just looked at the dress you have posted Chookette, thats gorg too :)
Think i need to treat myself :) x x

What gorgeous dresses girls! I'm sure you'll both look lovely :) Just goes to show just because we're pregnant doesn't mean we have to look frumpy!! I have a wedding at the end of July when I'll be 7 months, only the evening do though. Have a nice maxi dress I bought for a wedding last year which ties under the bust then flows out so hoping I'll be able to wear that if I'm not too massive by then!! x x

I've got a wedding in 2 weeks time which I've bought a maxi dress for, will be 18 weeks then so am hoping it will still fit ok (bought it a while back now- keep trying it on each week). It's elasticated around the bust and then floaty so fingers crossed it'll be fine!

I love the dresses you guys have posted tho, am sure you will look lovely!.....I def need to start looking online as there isn't much in the shops for us it seems.......got another wedding 1st of July so will have to look for a nice maternity dress then!

Hope you have a lovely time at your weddings girlies xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back