Stupid Questions Time - about timing and stuff

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
Right, I am relatively new to this, and was very lucky last time that I got a BFP the third month we tried. The first 2 months I didn't even realise that you needed to BD at certain times of the month or anything like that.

I have been reading about people OV testing etc but can I ask some stupid questions.

Do you need to have BD BEFORE you ovulate?
How long before OV can you get pregnant?
How long after you OV can you get pregnant?
Using my signature thing (with info from my last period in) I am due to OV in 10 days time. However that is based on a 27day cycle. My previous cycle was 26days. If this one is a 26 day cycle will I OV 1 day sooner?

Thanks all.

Hi,

From what I gather, you need to BD roughly anywhere from 3 days before to 3 days after you ovulate as the egg doesn't last long. - I also heard that male sperm swim faster but live shorter than female sperm, so if you want a boy, BD later on in ovulation, and for a girl, earlier (I don't know how true this is :) )

As for your ovulation times, if it is 26, then yes you'll probably ov a day earlier. Work out roughly 14 days before your next AF is due and BD as much as you can around that time!

Hope this helps :hug:

Hiya Nicky,

Yes if your cycle is a day shorted you should OV a day earlier because your luteal phase (between OV and AF) should remain constant every cycle...

As for BD, 3 days before up until 1 day after normally but it's been known to be outside of that bracket, especially if you get a lot of CM as this helps spermies live longer inside of you (ew!!!)

Thanks both of you for your replies. Really useful. Trouble is now is an ideal time for BD and Hubby has come down with the chest infection I had a few weeks ago and is exhausted by the end of the day. Arghhh! He won't take time of work though will he!

Hi Nicky,

Let him ravish you in the mornings, all men love that don't they!? Doesn't matter how ill he is... If you can start taking advantage of him in his sleep he'll wake up with only you on his agenda!!!!

I did try that this morning but it was 6:20 already and he needs to leave by 6:40 and he said he didn't have time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back