Stupid question, washing baby clothes?

Tinkerbell21

Reaction score
Someone today was talking about how exciting it was washing baby clothes before baby got here and i just smiled. Truth is i havnt got a clue..are you supposed to wash clothes even if they are new? Didnt want people to look at me like i was weird so im asking you ladys.....:oooo:

I've washed all mine even though it's new as people touch things or they fall on the floor in the shop.

Also I'm allergic to alot of things so I thought by washing everything when I'm touching all her clothes I wouldn't come out in a rash.

Emma

yeah, i did the same...washed everything even though it was all new - can only use certain cleaning products as im allergic to quite a few things and also it just freshened it all up! xx

yup, will wash them nearer the time with non biological powder, (which is more gentle for baby's skin) plus baby pure white type softner , any brand or shop own seems to be as good.
Makes sure any thing used in the clothes making process, have gone too.

My daughter is alergic to lots so we all use that now, bio sometimes agravates excma a bit behind knees and elbows, which is quite common in babies and kids.

Also they then smell like your own clothes! some of my car boot purchases are lovely and imaculate, but they will def need washing, some of them smell like perfume shops due to the strong softner people have used.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, i knew about the non bio washing powder but not about washing new clothes. What you say does make sense and well the amount ive handled the vests and 2 sleepsuits ive got they could do with a wash :)

I'm washing as I go! Did one full load the other day with blankets and clothes. So nexttime I build up a load either 2nd hand or new I'll wash all ready to be put away until baby is born! X

yes factorys tend to put chemicals on the clothes and my friend forgot to wash something and her baby came out in a rash all over his body xx

It also makes the clothes smell so good and feel so soft!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back