Stupid contraceptive implant!!

Constantstar

Reaction score
Well I has the implant put in after Owen was born and I've had it in about 6 months. I unfortunately basically had a period everyday with a week off so the doc prescribed me the pill to try and regulate it. Well I'm off the pill now and basically had a period/ spotting since about 26th feb and is now 14 march :( I really am thinking of getting it removed. I'm not happy about taking the pill and having the implant in as my oh says 2 doses of hormones really can't be good for my body. So I think il wait till I'm off for two weeks on April and book to see the doc/ nurse. Anyone else had this problem? Thank u x

I had this prior to having my coil fitted. Bled for 3 weeks, had a week break, bled for 3 weeks etc. got given Cerazzete pills to take to see it regulated the bleeding, which it did whilst taking both as soon as I stopped taking the pills I was back to bleeding constantly again. I gave up and just had it removed, was really annoyed as it was my second implant and the first one worked brilliantly. I would definitely look into a different contraceptive xx

Last edited:
I had the implant and bled every two weeks which was awful. I had it for about 12 months before getting it removed. Periods went back to normal almost straight away afterwards.

Cxxx

I had the implant and I bled every single day for about three months, I went to docs as I couldnt carry on that way and doc wad reluctant to take it out as they say it can take six months to regulate but I was adamant I wanted it out. I would have it removed then just take the pill, rather than have implant and the pill. I found the depo injection quite good, but had appetite of a horse with it so put on a bit of weight. Xx

Well when I called the docs she said I didn't even need a consultation and booked me in with the nurse to have it out. It's been prob over 6 months now and I'm fed up of being in my period almost all the time even if it Is light at times! Grr! So we shall see !

Mum of Owen. Born 11/7/11 @ 19.17pm weighing 7lb 12 oz :)

My SIL has this problem. She's on pill and implant and said its making her loopy.

Think she is getting the implant out, as she just can't cope anymore!

It's crazy I've been basically on my period whether it be heavy or spotting for just under a month now!! It is driving me crazy!!

It's crazy I've been basically on my period whether it be heavy or spotting for just under a month now!! It is driving me crazy!!

I've been like this on cerazette but for 6 months! Plus the 3 months I was on depo!
I stopped taking it a fortnight ago,had a normal period and now everything seems back to normal :) :)

Sounds like time to get it out, I had the depo jabs for a year so only 4 jabs and I had a period every day for 6 mths, turned out if I had gone back they would have given me another jab as well as the normal one to stop them all together, but there is only so many hormones your body should have to put up with, esp if your sensitive to hormones, I turn a bit physco to be honest - hope you get it out soon and back to some normallity

Still on my period and I'm almost in 5 weeks now but I think it's my actually period as has gone heavy again!! Docs just rang to change my appointment time which is fine but panicked they were going to cancel which they didn't! Phew!! It needs to come out!!

And it's out!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back