Struggling to eat meat

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Debh09, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Debh09

Debh09 Active Member

For some weird reason when trying to eat meat I'm struggling and seeks to take ages to eat. It's like a real effort to eat it. I've been ok with smaller pieces of it like minced beef. Feel like I am force feeding myself when I do eat meat. I like to try and have the right meats etc. Too for the right protein etc. Trying to figure out other options for food. I keep trying chicken but it's a struggle, ok with fish. The heavier meats I find are a struggle to eat. It's a bit like the nausea I had in first trimester but that was with any food pretty much then. Any one else had this? Trying to have balanced meals but it's a struggle at the moment.

2. kat.

kat. Well-Known Member

Iv been like this all way through can't stand the thought of it being on my plate or even cooking it but ok with fish xx

3. fcroxy

fcroxy Well-Known Member

I have hardly eaten meat throughout this pregnancy. I have eaten any cold meats like ham or chicken since being pregnant and cooked meat on my plate is a struggle too, after a few mouthfuls I cant eat anymore x

4. Phoenix85

Phoenix85 Well-Known Member

I'm vegetarian, lol.

You don't need meat for protein. Green leafy veg like spinach, broccoli etc, pulses & beans, hummus, nuts & nut butters are all high in protein. Eggs and cheese too.

5. Slb24

Slb24 Well-Known Member

Veggie here too. Like Phoenix said just increase the other foods.

Quorn has protein in as well if you can stomach it? Xx