• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stretchmark Cream..?

poppy160

Reaction score
I don't know if it's too early, but I've started to use stretchmark cream, especially on my bbs cause they've really grown and got purple marks on them :lol: I also put it on my belly cause it's starting to get round..I've been using Boots mediterranean honey, olive and neroli body butter, is anyone else using this? Or can anyone else recommend some different ones cause the smell of mine makes me feel sick :?

There's an advert on the telly for an oil for stretchmarks but I can't remember the name :?

You could try using baby oil, that smells yummy and I think anything moisturising reduces the chances.

It's all a load of pap. Sorry to say but stretch marks come from deep within your skin, alot deeper than ANY cream can get to. If you're gonna get them there's nothing you can do about it. Basically if you are prone to getting stretch marks then you'll more than likely have them :( . Sad fact of life. My hips are covered with them and I even got a couple on my tummy, so I'm beyond help :x

I got stretchmarks with James but a few months after the birth they faded so much you can only see them if you're really looking hard.
I wouldn't worry about it, it's true, if you're gonna get them you will.

i use cocoa butter and they tell u the early u use it the better, and better its going to work for you.

I use body shops coco butter as they recommended it to me :) But I already got stretch marks with paris :wall:

Hi,

I use cocoa butter it hasn't got rid of the ones I already got but they've faded a little. But there is one from the chemist u can buy called Bio Oil which is supposed to be good think its a bit pricey though.

Em x

i've been using palmers cocoa butter since the day i found out i was pregnant, touch wood, no stretch marks yet :pray:

ive been using bio oil

no stretch marks up to now.. although i probably wont see them until after the birth

my mum didnt get a single stretch mark and was really proud of herself for not getting any, then when her stomach went back into shape they were everywhere :rotfl:
she thought she didnt have any because they were all under her bump lol

Fingers crossed said:
It's all a load of pap. Sorry to say but stretch marks come from deep within your skin, alot deeper than ANY cream can get to. If you're gonna get them there's nothing you can do about it. Basically if you are prone to getting stretch marks then you'll more than likely have them :( . Sad fact of life. My hips are covered with them and I even got a couple on my tummy, so I'm beyond help :x

I was afraid of that :( Although, I was listening to Sunday Surgery on Radio one and they said somehing can be done about them if you catch them when they're purple. Oh well, I'm not taking any chances, my mum didn't get stretchies on her belly so hopefully I won't have so many :)

I was the same, hardly any on my bump when I was pg...after the birth my stomach looked like a road map! :rotfl:

Awww! But the good thing is they fade, even if the creams don't do anything it's nice to feel moisturized :)

not sure you can stop them completely, but using oils and drinking lots of water increases your skin's elasticity so can help to minimise them.

i'm using a combination of cocoa butter, baby oil and bio oil! the bio oil is acclaimed cos it reduces the appearance of marks (and its already helped me with dodgy skin on my arms and thighs, so i'm a total convert) but it is expensive, which is why i also use baby oil...

I've never been pregnant and have already got stretch marks from weight loss! I've accepted them now, I doubt I'll ever be rid of them!!

i have found bio oil to b far the best,it is quite pricey but lasts for ages as u can either put a few drops in the bath or rub it on to yourself. i have no marks on my stomach just a few around my hips but that was with my first baby n i didnt use bio oil then!

I used the palmers cocoa butter from as soon as my bump started to look visible and my skin started to feel tight. To be honest I've got them all up my hips but I didn't put the cream there cos I thought I'd only get them on my belly.

Only a couple on my belly and they're not mega deep bad ones, I'm sure they'll fade.

Been using a cheap equivalent to Bio Oil recently, and it's already really calmed down the ones I've got.

I know there's no definate way to get no stretch marks, but I was willing to try anything that might minimise them :)

I might actually try bio oil, how long does a bottle last? Isn't there a trial of the palmers cocoa butter in one of the mum to be packs? I never tried that, there doesn't seem to be enough in there to cover my ever expanding stomach and bbs!

my bio oil seems to last forever... that's why i don't mind forking out for it. i probably have to buy it about once every 4/5 months.

They did a survey on this on that 'how to look good naked' show, the best was palmers cocoa butter, they tried about 5 products and Bio oil worked out right in the middle from what I remember, palmers was the most effective. Noone knew what product they were using when they tried them so it was prob good test - I was paying quite close attention once I realised what they were talking about!!

poppy160 said:
Awww! But the good thing is they fade, even if the creams don't do anything it's nice to feel moisturized :)

Mine still haven't faded 7yrs later :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back