Stretch & Sweep

kirstiexxxlea

Reaction score
I am now 2 days over due and have been to see my midwife who has suggested that if I haven't gone into labour by my next appointment ( next Tuesday) she would recommended me having a stretch & sweep. I had heard of this in passing and also had a look at it on the internet but I don't know anyone that has actually had it done. I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has had this done and was it at all affective?

Thank you :D

x

Hi :wave: I had a sweep on my due date as I had been surges for a week. I actually had a bit of a show prior to the sweep but within 12 hours I was on my way to hospital with surges 5 mins apart. Good luck :)

Should have added that it wasnt particularly painful, just a little uncomfortable :)

I held my sister's hand while she had a sweep and she let a few whimpers during but afterwards said it wasn't so bad and the same sensation as when her OH went a bit too deep during sex.

It was very brief and it had the desired result.

I've had 2 with my second and 3 with my last - a little uncomfy but any is better than induction and i shall be demanding my on due date as i have a tendancy to go over due dates by more than a ten days x

Aww thanks everyone!

I was worried that it might hurt but I'd much rather this than wait until I'd have to be induced.
Here's hoping he comes before Tuesday and I don't have to experiance either

x

Lots of walking and bouncing - i am getting terribly impatient now, really don't want to be late again - have you had any niggles?

I've been trying everything to get him out but he just won't budge.
I've kept getting really intense twinges and a lot of lower back pain & for the first time on Monday started to produce colostrum but no sign of baby :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back